1 2 3 4 Previous Next 45 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2007 9:41 AM by 555256 RSS

OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters

I have developed OA Frame work (11.5.10) pages for Oracle Quoting (11.5.9),deployed & registered the pages as functions using jtfcrmchrome.jsp?page=/x/y/z&OAHP=a&&OASF=b crm application jsp. When I acess these pages, the Look & Feel and functionality is same as JTT foundation.

But I am having difficult in passing the Request parameters(i.e. pass the current Quote ID to build the context in new OA page), as one of the page needs to be accessd using a SideMenuBar developed from 11i Menu Hierarchy.

I know how to do this when calling from inside a .JSP (i.e qotSCocOverview.jsp), but don't know how to do it from a menu.

Can someone help on this.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters
          user468101
          I think the following could be a new thread.

I am trying to build new OAF pages for custom application above Oracle Quoting(JTT). For this purpose, i am trying to use the JTT API related to Quoting appliation(oracle.apps.aso.quote.*,...).

However, the transaction(connection) used by the JTT classes(Quote, QuoteLine,...) is different from the OAF(OADBTransaction or connection).
          As a result, i am unable to make a single/common data transaction which includes both OAF data(changes) and JTT data(changes).

Can anyone advise me on this regard. That is, combining JTT transaction with OAF transaction(like, once the OAF transaction is rolled back, the associated JTT data changes should also be rolled back and similary for commit).

Thanks in advance,
          KK.
          • 2. Re: OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters
            I did several customizations with Quoting using OAF.

Take a look at the OAF/JTT integration in OA Dev Guide.

The only case, where the Integration stuff didn't work for is when calling the OAF from SideBar Menus, where I solved the problem using cookies JTT uses.

As for doing update/create of quotes, I used PL/SQL APIs from OAF using the ORacleCallableStatement.

Hope this helps.

Srini
            • 3. Re: OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters
              user468101
              Srini,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I see, the OAF/JTT interoperability OA guide is suitable/limited for page level navigation between OAF and JTT. In which case, the transaction of OAF/JTT pages is limited to solely OAF or JTT.

I thought of using OracleCallableStatement and PL/SQL APIs, but thought that is much of rebuild similar to the existing Quoting Java API. So, was tempted to try using the Java API of quoting itself, rather than redevelop.
              If at all, this is the only alternative, then other than using jpub(JPublisher) to generate classes for PL/SQL record types, using OracleCallableStatement... , is there any simple alternative to do this.

I appreciate your comments.

Thanks,
              KK.
              • 4. Re: OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters
                For my requirement I needed to update the quote with few few attributes, so developed a pl/sql wrapper around QOT API (aso_quote_Pub) and call this wrapper from OAF.

I guess you might already be familair with how the Quoting get's the DB connection.

It uses TransactionScope.getConnection. So, you should be able to initialize this object in OAF call qot apis.

I have not done this, but this is something I will when have sometime.

Srini
                • 5. Re: OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters
                  user468101
                  Srini,

Thanks again for the resp.

You are right about the TransactionScope, and i tried to use the followign:

in the ApplicationModule:
                  Connection amCon = this.getOADBTransaction().getJdbcConnection(); // OAF connection

in the VO:
                  ConnectionContext cc = new ConnectionContext();
                  cc.setConnection(amCon);

Connection connJTT = TransactionScope.getConnection(); // JTT connection/
                  ... call the Quote.save()...
                  TransactionScope.commi()

but the transaction of the OAF is becoming independent of JTT transaction(as the connection established in JTT is different). But, i would like to have a single/common transaction for both.

appreciate your comments.

Thanks,
                  KK.
                  • 6. Re: OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters
                    Hi Srini,
                    How have you done your customization?
                    I have a problem in calling a custom OAF page from a JTT page and passing a parameter.
                    I've red the Developer's guide and tried to use the getURL() function like this:

<script language="JavaScript">
                    resultingUrlString='<%=ServletSessionManager.getURL(myCustomPagePG)%>' ;
                    </script>

from a javascript in the JTT jsp. This works perfectly, but I have to pass a parameter to the myCustomPagePG from the javascript and I have no idea how to do this.
                    If I add the parameter (e.g. resultingUrlString+'&quoteLineId='+qotLnId) in tail of the resulting string in the javascript code I get this error:
                    ------
                    You are trying to access a page that is no longer active.
                    - The referring page may have come from a previous session. Please select Home to proceed.
                    ------
                    I think that the oas=ElaxmHfnM2YroAoNJh2ZuA.. parameter in tail of the resulting string is an encrypted code calculated on the entire URL, so I can't change the url in the javascript.

Have you got any idea to resolve this?
                    Thanks,
                    Dario
                    • 7. Re: OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters
                      Hi

Here is the sample code,

StringBuffer expUrl = new StringBuffer("jtfcrmchrome.jsp?page=/xxx/oracle/apps/qot/custom/webui/QotConfigLinesPG&OASF=QOT_QUOTE&OAHP=ASF_MAIN_MENU&qotHdrId="+qotHdrIdBig);
                      String expUrlStr = ServletSessionManager.getURL(expUrl.toString());
                      %>
                      theForm.action = "<%=expUrlStr%>" ; // theForm.qotFrmMainFile.value;
                      theForm.submit();

This should work.

Thanks
                      Srini
                      • 8. Re: OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters
                        Thanks for your reply,
                        but my problem is that I have the value of the qotHdrId in the javascript as a value choosen by the user, and not at the compile time of the jsp.

The variable qotHdrIdBig is a variable of the javascript that I have no way to know at the compile time of the jsp.
                        Thanks,
                        Dario
                        • 9. Re: OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters
                          TapashRay
                          what Srini suggests is the correct way to do it, you need to use jtfcrmchrome.jso to redirect to a OA page from a JTT/JTF page.
                          you can append the value of any form field to the URL that is getting formed using jftcrmchrome.jsp and then redirect when you click the button.

Thanks
                          Tapash
                          • 10. Re: OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters
                            Yes, but in his example, he calls the ServletSessionManager.getURL(expUrl.toString()); function only when the string expUrl is complete (with the parameter).
                            If I append a parameter value from a form field to the resulting strin, it does not work.

In the resulting html page I get this:

<script language="JavaScript">
                            var url='jtfcrmchrome.jsp?page=/scm/oracle/apps/asn/rappvendita/webui/ScmRappVenditaPG&OASF=QOT_QUOTE&OAHP=ASF_MAIN_MENU&quoteLineId=&jttst0=1162_50291%2C50291%2C-1%2C0%2C&jtfm0=_0_0_0_-1_f_nv_&etfm1=_1_1_&jfn=ZG7DCF7A32F684677BBBEBE97103733258CD50784843658D57C3D35D47B04D333ACEA30ABAAF98D977EF4BD9C43CEFD6DCA9&oas=ht6Gp7taR4gQWEniUttyQg..'+qotLnId;
                            </script>

Thanks,
                            Dario
                            • 11. Re: OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters
                              TapashRay
                              that is the expected behaviour, what i meant was, you would need to derive the value of the form field and assign the value to variable qotLnId, once you do this, you need to append the parameter &quoteLineId and assign the value of qotLnId to the param.

Thanks
                              Tapash
                              • 12. Re: OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters
                                crfonti
                                Thanks Tapash, but i (and Dario) don't understand: the code jsp is processed before the users select a value for the variable qotLnId, so the variable don't have a value..if i append at the end of the URL (after the use of SessionServletManager.getURL) i have the error... how can i do??
                                Thanks
                                Cristian
                                • 13. Re: OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters
                                  From Which Quoting page, are you trying to call the OAF page?.

Post more details about the page flow. I might be able to help.

Thanks
                                  Srini
                                  • 14. Re: OA Framework & JTT Request Parameters
                                    The following might help.

Did some customization to replace the Customer Search in Quote Create & ShippingBilling Page with custom OAF page search and integrated with the following piece of Client Side JavaScript code.

theForm.action='jtfcrmchrome.jsp?page=/altec/oracle/apps/qot/customer/search/webui/CustomerSearchPG&OASF=QOT_QUOTE&OAHP=ASF_MAIN_MENU&actionSrcName='+qotUpdType;

Thanks
                                    Srini
                                    1 2 3 4 Previous Next