6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2008 5:07 AM by 614360 RSS

EXP-00008: Oracle error 904 encountered

Hello everybody!

Does anybody help me with this error which occures when I try to export database schema (DBO for an example).
      exp system/<password>@<server> file=test.dmp owner=dbo

and at last another error occured:
      ORACLE 6550 encountered
      component IS_TRIGGER_FIRE_ONCE_INTERNAL must be declared!!!!

I use Oracle 8.1.6 with Linux Red Hat 6.2!

I tried to run package CATALOG.sql - it did not help me

Thanks in advance!
        • 1. re:EXP-00008: Oracle error 904 encountered
          Try running catexp.sql , then redo the export.

Bob
          • 2. re:EXP-00008: Oracle error 904 encountered
            The same thing ... As I can see CATLOG.SQL contains CATEXP.SQL, but I ran CATEXP.SQL - the same problem!

May be anything else?

Thanks in advance
            • 3. Resoved EXP-00008: Oracle error 904 encountered but
              I found the problem ... When I make export on the NT Workstation for Linux Oracle Server this error occures. But when I make export on the Linux workstation for Linux Oracle Server - everything is Ok. Why I can not run export utility on the NT Workstation for Linux Oracle Server?

Thanks!
              • 4. re:Resoved EXP-00008: Oracle error 904 encountered but
                vlad,

maybe due to different operating system architecture.
                use the recordlength option (eg, 8096 or its multiples) when doing both the export and import

i believe this will fix your problem

regards,

berts
                *** fix the problem, not the blame ***
                • 5. re:Resoved EXP-00008: Oracle error 904 encountered but
                  vlad,

Your problem is with your versions of exp and oracle. Your running Oracle 8.1.6 on Linux, but my guess is your using the 8.1.7 NT client. Oracle did not introduce IS_TRIGGER_FIRE_ONCE_INTERNAL into dbmsutil.sql until version 8.1.7 of Oracle. Version 8.1.7 of exp uses IS_TRIGGER_FIRE_ONCE_INTERNAL plus other functions/packages introduced in Version 8.1.7. Basically what I'm saying is version 8.1.7 of exp is incompatable with an 8.1.6 database. I'd suggest installing the 8.1.6 client and using the exp from that.

Also, keep in mind with Oracle it's almost always a good idea to make sure your tool's version matches the version of oracle you're using. Also, keep in mind you can have multiple versions of the Oracle client installed and then use the Home Selector to toggle between each version (in case you need to be able to access different version of the oracle database).

Hope this helps.

--Dave                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                  • 6. Re: re:Resoved EXP-00008: Oracle error 904 encountered but
                    Do you have multiple versions of ORACLE server installed? If yes, then run corresponding EXP.EXE or go to the installation directory (BIN folder) and run EXP command.

Regards,
                    Amit Deshpande
                    Persistent Systems Ltd.