0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2005 4:03 PM by 438460

An error occurred during olap API metadata retrieval. This is probably caus

this is what i have done so far. i really nead some help asap!!!

1. Install Oracle 9i Release 2 (9.2.0.1) Enterprise Edition with the General purpose database configuration (Data warehouse works as well). At the end of the installation I chose the password management button to change passwords for the few necessary accounts: SYS, SYSTEM, OLAPSYS, SH.
      2. Download the p3948480_9206_WINNT.zip from metalink, the 9.2.0.6 patchset
      3. Shut down any existing Oracle9i database instances with normal or immediate priority. Stop all listener and other services running in the Oracle home directory where you want to install the patch set.
      4. unzip the content of thepatch to a temp directory
      5. start setup.exe under the temp directory (it will start the Oracle Universal installer 10.1.0.3)
      6. install the patchset to your Oracle home, selecting the source in the temp_dir\stage\products.jar file
      7. review carefully the post-installation tasks for the patchset:
      Review the following sections before upgrading a database (quote from the patchset html readme):

8.2.1.1If JServer is part of the installation ensure that there is at least 10 MB of free space allocated to the SYSTEM tablespace.

8.2.1.2 Check XDB Tablespace Size
      For RAC installations, ensure that there is at least 50 MB of free space allocated to the XDB tablespace.

8.2.1.3 Set the SHARED_POOL_SIZE and JAVA_POOL_SIZE Initialization Parameters
      Set the value of the SHARED_POOL_SIZE and the JAVA_POOL_SIZE initialization parameters as follows:

Start the database:
      SQL> STARTUP

If necessary, enter the following command to determine whether the system uses an initialization parameter file (initsid.ora) or a server parameter file (spfiledbname.ora):
      SQL> SHOW PARAMETER PFILE;
      This command displays the name and location of the server parameter file or the initialization parameter file.

Determine the current values of these parameters:
      SQL> SHOW PARAMETER SHARED_POOL_SIZE
      SQL> SHOW PARAMETER JAVA_POOL_SIZE

If the system is using a server parameter file:
      If necessary, set the value of the SHARED_POOL_SIZE initialization parameter to at least 150 MB:
      SQL> ALTER SYSTEM SET SHARED_POOL_SIZE='150M' SCOPE=spfile;

If necessary, set the value of the JAVA_POOL_SIZE initialization parameter to at least 150 MB:
      SQL> ALTER SYSTEM SET JAVA_POOL_SIZE='150M' SCOPE=spfile;

If the system uses an initialization parameter file, if necessary, change the values of the SHARED_POOL_SIZE and the JAVA_POOL_SIZE initialization parameters to at least 150 MB in the initialization parameter file (initsid.ora).

Shut down the database:
      SQL> SHUTDOWN

8.2.2 Upgrade the Database
      After you install the patch set, you must complete the following steps on every database associated with the upgraded Oracle home:
      Log on as a member of the Administrators group to the computer where the Oracle components are installed.

Use SQL*Plus to login to the database as the SYS user with SYSDBA privileges:
      sqlplus /NOLOG
      CONNECT SYS/password AS SYSDBA

Enter the following SQL*Plus commands:
      SQL> STARTUP MIGRATE
      SQL> SPOOL patch.log
      SQL> @ORACLE_BASE\ORACLE_HOME\rdbms\admin\catpatch.sql
      SQL> SPOOL OFF

Restart the database:
      SQL> SHUTDOWN
      SQL> STARTUP

Run the utlrp.sql script to recompile all invalid PL/SQL packages now instead of when the packages are accessed for the first time. This step is optional but recommended.
      SQL> @ORACLE_BASE\ORACLE_HOME\rdbms\admin\utlrp.sql

12. Install JDeveloper 9.0.4 (download it from OTN and just unzip it in a directory ... it doesn't require an oracle home)
      13. Install BI Beans 9.0.4 (download it from OTN as well), run the setup.exe that comes with it and in the destination oracle home select the directory where you installed JDeveloper and give an oracle home name to it)
      14. Install the BIBDEMO schema:

Create a directory on the computer that is running the Oracle9i database. This install_home directory is the location to which you will upload the data files that are required to build the BIBDEMO schema.

On the computer where BI Beans is installed, locate the bibeans_home\bibdemo_schema folder (where bibeans_home is the root folder of your BI Beans installation). Copy all of the files found in this folder to the install_home folder on your server machine.

Open a DOS prompt and navigate to the install_home folder.

Run bibdemo.bat to install the schema, using the following syntax:

bibdemo.bat <path to Oracle database files >

For example, for an instance named my9iService, enter the following:

bibdemo.bat D:\OraHome1\oradata\my9iService
      You are prompted for the password for the sys as sysdba user.

The script takes approximately 15 minutes to run, depending on the machine specifications. It is normal to see some error messages while the script is running. In addition, when materialized views are being created in the database, the script will appear to stop; this is also normal. A clear message will tell you when the script has completed.

The log files (*.log) that are generated by the installation script are stored in the folder from which you ran the script.

Here's what
      bi_checkconfig.bat -h ana -po 1521 -sid proiect -u bibdemo -p bibdemo -q
      returned:

BI Beans Diagnostics(v1.0.2.0) 2/28/05
      ===============================================================================
      JDEV_ORACLE_HOME .......................... = E:\OraDS
      JAVA_HOME ................................. = E:\OraDS\jdk
      JDeveloper version ........................ = 9.0.4.1.1.1436
      BI Beans release description .............. = BI Beans 9.0.4 Production Release
      BI Beans component number ................. = 9.0.4.23.0
      BI Beans internal version ................. = 2.7.5.32
      Connect to database ....................... = Successful
      JDBC driver version ....................... = 9.2.0.4.0
      JDBC JAR file location .................... = E:\OraDS\jdev\lib\patches
      Database version .......................... = 9.2.0.6.0
      OLAP Catalog version ...................... = 9.2.0.1.0
      OLAP AW Engine version .................... = 9.2.0.1.0
      OLAP API Server version ................... = 9.2.0.1.0
      BI Beans Catalog version .................. = N/A; not installed in bibdemo
      OLAP API JAR file version ................. = 9.2
      OLAP API JAR file location ................ = E:\OraDS\jdev\lib\ext
      Load OLAP API metadata .................... = Successful
      Number of metadata folders ................ = 2
      Number of metadata measures ............... = 12
      Number of metadata dimensions ............. = 8

Testing sample query for measures and dimensions
      (S=Schema, C=Cube, M=Measure, D=Dimension)
      ------------------------------------------------
      1/21) Measure Budget ................... = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, C=BIBDEMO_BUDGET_CUBE, M=BUDGET
      2/21) Measure Actual ................... = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, C=BIBDEMO_ACTUAL_CUBE, M=ACTUAL
      3/21) Measure Close Price .............. = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, C=BIBDEMO_STKPRICE_CUBE, M=STKPRICE_CLOSE
      4/21) Measure Open Price ............... = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, C=BIBDEMO_STKPRICE_CUBE, M=STKPRICE_OPEN
      5/21) Measure Low Price ................ = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, C=BIBDEMO_STKPRICE_CUBE, M=STKPRICE_LOW
      6/21) Measure High Price ............... = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, C=BIBDEMO_STKPRICE_CUBE, M=STKPRICE_HIGH
      7/21) Measure Stock Volume ............. = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, C=BIBDEMO_STKPRICE_CUBE, M=STKPRICE_VOLUME
      8/21) Dimension Division ............... = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, D=DIVISION
      9/21) Dimension Line Items ............. = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, D=LINE
      10/21) Dimension Time ................... = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, D=TIME
      11/21) Dimension Day .................... = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, D=DAY
      12/21) Dimension Stock .................. = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, D=STOCK
      13/21) Measure Costs .................... = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, C=ANALYTIC_CUBE, M=F.COSTS
      14/21) Measure Promotion ................ = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, C=ANALYTIC_CUBE, M=F.PROMO
      15/21) Measure Quota .................... = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, C=ANALYTIC_CUBE, M=F.QUOTA
      16/21) Measure Units .................... = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, C=ANALYTIC_CUBE, M=F.UNITS
      17/21) Measure Sales .................... = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, C=ANALYTIC_CUBE, M=F.SALES
      18/21) Dimension Channel ................ = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, D=CHANNEL
      19/21) Dimension Geography .............. = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, D=GEOGRAPHY
      20/21) Dimension Product ................ = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, D=PRODUCT
      21/21) Dimension Time ................... = Successful
      S=BIBDEMO, D=TIME
      Metadata output location .................. = E:\OraDS\bibeans\bi_checkconfig\bi
      _metadata.txt

To interpret this output, see the "Displaying Information about your Oracle9i Bu
      siness Intelligence Beans Client Configuration" technical note, whose file name
      is bi_checkconfig_tn.html

These diagnostics are captured in: E:\OraDS\bibeans\bi_checkconfig\bi_checkconfi
      g.xml

now: i have created some new stuff:
      1). user ana with roles:
      -dba
      -olap_dba
      -connect
      -resource
      (same roles as bibdemo)
      2).schema ana; tablespace ana (permanent), tablespace anatemp (temporary)

3).i have created some relational tables and i have inserted some data in them:
      agent, aparat (cofee machines), beneficiar (clients), locatii (city), raport (REPORT), timp (time), tipaparat (types of cofee machines), tipbautura (products : types of cofee made by all the cofee machines), zone (state)

4). one fact table with:
      - sold cantity (measure)
      - id_bautura (id_product) primary key
      - id_timp(id_time) primary key
      - id_beneficiar (id_client) primary key
      - id_agent primary key
      - id_locatie (id_city) primary key
      - id_aparat (id_cofee_machine)primary key

i have inserted some data also

5).dimensions:
      AGENT_DIM :levels: codag(id_agent), numeag (agent name), telefag (agent phone number)from relational table agent

BENEFICIAR_DIM :levels: codben (id_client), denumire (client name), adresa (adress) ,codl (id_city) etc from relatinal table beneficiar (clients)

TIMP_DIM :levels: id, year, month from relational table timp (time)

TIPBAUTURA_DIM :levels: codbautura (id_product), numebautura (product name)from relational table tipbautura (products)

ZONA_DIM :levels: codzona (id state), numezona (state name), codoras (id city), numeoras (city name) with ierarhy id_state---id_city FROM 2 RELATINAL TABLES CITY AND STATE!!!!!!!! AM I ALOUD TO DO THAT?????
      DO I NEED TO CREATE A DIMENSION FROM ONLY ONE TABLE???????

APARAT_DIM :LEVELS: codben (id client), codtip (id machine type), denumireap (machine type name), matricolap ((machine id) (FROM 2 RELATIONAL TABLES ALSO!!!!!!! FROM TYPES OF COFEE MACHINES AND COFEE MACHINES!!!!!

6). I HAVE NOW CREATED THE CUBE FROM THE FACT TABLE AND WITH ALL THE DIMENSIONS

7). summary advisor wizard NOT WORKING! IT NEVER STOPS!

8). I HAVE CREATED ALSO ONE materialized view FOR THE CUBE

IF I COMPILE IT... NO ERRORS

9). CUBE VIEWER NOT WORKING!!!!!!! IT ONLY APEARS A BELL!!!

NOW IF I RUN BI_CHECK CONFIG ON ANA AND ALSO ON BIBDEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!
      IT SAYS:

1) An error occurred during olap API metadata retrieval. This is probably caused by inconsistent metadata.
      ============================================================================
      oracle.express.ExpressServerExceptionError class: Unknown Error
      Server error descriptions:
      INI: System failure, Generic at TxsOqConnection::getDefaultDatabase

at oracle.express.olapi.data.full.ExpressDataProvider.getMetadataProviderInterface(ExpressDataProvider.java:1003)
      at oracle.olapi.metadata.MetadataFetcher.initialize(MetadataFetcher.java:73)
      at oracle.olapi.metadata.MetadataFetcher.<init>(MetadataFetcher.java:45)
      at oracle.olapi.metadata.BaseMetadataProvider.<init>(BaseMetadataProvider.java:47)
      at oracle.olapi.metadata.mdm.MdmMetadataProvider.<init>(MdmMetadataProvider.java:130)
      at oracle.express.olapi.data.full.ExpressDataProvider.getDefaultMetadataProvider(ExpressDataProvider.java:964)
      at oracle.dss.metadataManager.server.drivers.mdm._92.MDMMetadataDriverImpl_92.getMdmMetadataProvider(MDMMetadataDriverImpl_92.java:1133)
      at oracle.dss.metadataManager.server.drivers.mdm._92.MDMMetadataDriverImpl_92.attach(MDMMetadataDriverImpl_92.java:810)
      at oracle.dss.metadataManager.server.drivers.mdm.MDMMetadataDriverImpl.attach(MDMMetadataDriverImpl.java:125)
      at oracle.dss.metadataManager.server.MetadataManagerImpl.buildObjectModel(MetadataManagerImpl.java:1092)
      at oracle.dss.metadataManager.server.MetadataManagerImpl.attach(MetadataManagerImpl.java:969)
      at oracle.dss.metadataManager.client.MetadataManager.attach(MetadataManager.java:876)
      at oracle.dss.metadataManager.client.MetadataManager.attach(MetadataManager.java:799)
      at BICheckConfig.checkConnection(BICheckConfig.java:277)
      at BICheckConfig.main(BICheckConfig.java:1348)

I TRYED ALSO WITH USER ANA WITH ROLES:
      - DBA
      - CONNECT
      -RESOURCE
      - OLAP_USER

NOT WORKING! AND ALSO BIBDEMO NOT WORKING!

WHAT AM I MISSING? SHOULD I USE AW MANAGER? OR DO I NEED TO CREATE AN AMNALITIC WORKSPACE???

WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO CREATE A GOOD METADATA????