2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2005 5:07 PM by 152485

Multiple messages being received

I have a AQ adapter looking at one queue which publishes to multiple events. The Queue for adapter is object payload and has a clob field which contains the XML data. The XML data structure will vary for different events. The issue I have is, the receiving adapter (FTP) receives the message multiple times. The FTP adapter creates a comma seperated text file. The text files some times has the correct data and some times it does not. Then for some events it creates multiple data sets and for some it does not. The behavior is not consistant. Am I doing something wrong or does IC have problems handling multiple XML documents in the same queue?
      Can someone shed some light?
      Thanks
      MM
        • 1. Re: Multiple messages being received
          MM,

I don't think the problem lies in the InterConnect (IC). The Adapters treat all messages seperately and should have no problem reading and handling different XML files from the same queue.

The issue of "creates muliple data sets" is usually a case of some bad mappings. Either from Source View to Common View, or Common View to Target View.

Check carefully the mappings/transformations you made for these messages carefully against the log files (for both the AQ and the FTP Adapter).

Also, have a look at the thread "Duplicate records returned by Interconnect DB adapter" on this forum. This thread indicated that bad message creation coding, not the IC, was to blame.

If your message creation code is fine, and if I am interepting your "creates muliple data sets" symptom correctly, this usually happens around the use of arrays and how you map them.

I'm no Java expert, but when doing anything with arrays, I've always edited the created transformations with my mappings in iStudio.

E.g. change all the [v1], [v2], [v3] etc to [v0].

I cannot honestly say why I started doing it, but whenever I get funny duplicates in arrays like you, this seems to do the trick.

Just make sure to back up your repository before trying it!!!

HTH,
          Yan
          • 2. Re: Multiple messages being received
            I am using AQ adapter connecting to the database. The XML format for each events have similar XML tag names.For Example: Event1 has XML like
            <rowset>
            <row>
            <cola>value</cola>
            <colb>value</colb>
            </row>
            </rowset>
            and Event2 has
            <rowset>
            <row>
            <cola>value</cola>
            <colc>value</colc>
            <row>
            </rowset>
            I was thinking that the same XML tag is causing the message to be picked up by both Event1 and Event2 and hence dump multiple files at FTP. But once I created a queue for each message this issue seems to have been fixed. But now I have another issue.
            Message for Event1 is enqueued at time1 and message for Event2 is enqueued at time2. time2>time2. I want Event1 to be transfered before Event2. However, Interconnect seems to be picking up Event2 before Event1. Is there any way I can tell interconnect to favor one event over other automatically?
            Thanks a lot for your earlier response.
            MM