6 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2007 8:17 PM by User197748 -Oracle

Oracle Interconnect 10g - Oracle Apps and Peoplesoft

We have installed Oracle application 11.5.10 (finance) and are using Peoplesoft for HR and Payroll and would like to transfer data between the two systems. Reading thru the different documentation this is my analysis

(1) Install 10gAS
      (2) Install the OracleAS Interconnect Hub
      (3) Install the Oracle Applications Adapter
      (4) Install the Peoplesoft Adapter

Are this the correct steps to acomplish this?
      Since I will try the 'proof of concept' on a development machine, can I install all the above software on the same machine which is running Oracle Applications (Technology & Database).

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Sanjay.
        • 1. Re: Oracle Interconnect 10g - Oracle Apps and Peoplesoft
          (1) Install 10gAS
          (2) Install the OracleAS Interconnect Hub
          (3) Install the Oracle Applications Adapter
          (4) Install the Peoplesoft Adapter

Yes, you can install all on the same machine. I did this.
          • 2. Re: Oracle Interconnect 10g - Oracle Apps and Peoplesoft
            User197748 -Oracle
            Do you any detail documentation and best practices on the PSFT HR & Oracle Financials integration? Any addtional information would be great as we would like to re-use best efforts.

James Bell
            • 3. Re: Oracle Interconnect 10g - Oracle Apps and Peoplesoft
              User197748 -Oracle
              Could you direct me to the documentation that covers these steps.

Also, are there out of the box integration between PSFT HR/PAYROLL & ORACLE Finance (i.e. GL, AP, etc. )?

Thanks,
              James
              • 4. Re: Oracle Interconnect 10g - Oracle Apps and Peoplesoft
                Travi-Oracle
                I am posting one of the message i received from our global gurus and forums...

There is no built in program to take care of it from top to bottom, however half of the part needs to be done with the help of customization and the part following GL_INTERFACE will be done by OA. You can maintain PS ledger seperately , it will not have any impact on OA GL.

According to me this will be solution, please ignore this if you do not want this.

1.Define in Oracle Apps all the accounts used in PS , please keep in mind that in the charfield strucure in PS , we have Stat code and currency code BUT in OA its absent rather they are seperate fields and not part of Chartfield.So you will have to define all the accounts in OA GL minus these columns.You may use ADI to define accounts in OA.

2.All these code combinations will be mapped in OA tables , GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS and GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS_KFV without Currency segments.

3.Now you will have define an app engine , or any custom program which picks CODE_COMBINATION_ID from these tables of OA and then put in an interim table or GL_INTERFACE and
                GL_INTERFACE_CONTROL. ( For which you will have to go through import process whitepaper which is the counterpart of loader program in PS).

This program will have to take care of lot many other factors also like.

--You will have to map different field of PS to OA, SETID concept is missing in OA like ENTERED_DR, ENTERED_CR, ACCOUNTED_DR , ACCOUNTED_DR etc

--In OA we have Batches which are superset of Journals, Batch is a group of Journals having same currency, Accounting date, Set of Books, Chartfield structure.So you will have to decide on this, whether you want 1 batch per Journal or you want to club many Journals under a batch,a nd like wise populate JE_BATCH_ID.

--Also as you are removing currency / stat field in PS so you will have to accordingly populate , CURRENCY_CODE in GL_INTERFACE.

--The Sets of Books you want the Journals to attach to.

--In PS we have business calendar concept, but in OA its absent.So you will have to code additional logic for that.

--You will have to define different currencies, source , categories in OA.

4.Run Journal import in OA GL.

This will populate entries in GL Main tables.

All this is for Actuals but for BUDGET , I dont know the PS architecture fully.
                • 5. Re: Oracle Interconnect 10g - Oracle Apps and Peoplesoft
                  So you are saying it is out of the box? Ouch.

From reading this, it appears my client should plan on a manual interface for quite some time as customizations are not in our plans.

Is there any customer using BPEL and the "delivered adapters" to interface Payroll Data from PS HR 8.x to Oracle GL Financials. Same question with Demographic/Department Data to Oracle AP?
                  • 6. Re: Oracle Interconnect 10g - Oracle Apps and Peoplesoft
                    User197748 -Oracle
                    Any replies to your question? If so, please let me know .

Thanks,
                    James