3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2005 11:44 AM by 416900

TrueConditionalLookupDVM condition parameter syntax

Hi,

What's the syntax for 'condition' parameter of TrueConditionalLookupDVM transform? Some of the conditional transforms have expression builder screens and I tried to mock the same syntax for condtion but it didn't worked. I searched metalink/user guides and this forum but no success. This feature seems to be very poorly documented. Any ideas?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Rajesh
        • 1. Re: TrueConditionalLookupDVM condition parameter syntax
          Rajesh,

Let's say we are mapping from APP View to Common View. And let's say we have a DVM called "UOM_DVM".

In the mappings screen, on the Left hand side (Application View),
          1. Select the Source (Test) Field that you are going to test.
          2. Now (keeping the "Ctrl" key pressed) select the Source (Data) Field that you are going to use the DVM transform on if the test is satisfied.

From Transformations, select "TrueConditionalLookupDVM".

Now, on the right hand side (Common View), select the Target (Data) Field.

Press Apply, and this brings up the "Mapping" screen.

In "condition" put the value (string) that you want to test for from the Source (Test) Field. e.g. without quotes "TestValue"
          In "table" select your DVM (e.g. UOM_DVM)
          In "pass through" choose 'true' or 'false', depending on your requirements.

For Example.

APPLIC View............................Common View

TEST_DATA
          SOURCE_DATA .......................... TARGET_DATA

The mapping would be something like >>>

TARGET_DATA=TrueConditionalLookupDVM(TEST_DATA,SOURCE_DATA,"TestValue","UOM_DVM","false")

Hope this helps you.

Yan
          • 2. Re: TrueConditionalLookupDVM condition parameter syntax
            Thanks Yan. THat should work. Now I remember doing something similar a while back.