4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2005 1:37 PM by 445253

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an obje

I had to reinstall all of my software from scratch.

I am using

VS.2003 Enterprise Developer, ASP.NET with VB.NET.

Database: Oracle 9i release 2 with the latest ODP.NET

When I install my old programs and run them they work fine, however, when i create a new program and use the exact same connection i get the following error:

Server Error in '/Permits' Application.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
      Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.get_Message()
      System.Web.UnhandledErrorFormatter.get_ColoredSquare2Content()
      System.Web.UnhandledErrorFormatter.PrepareFormatter()
      System.Web.ErrorFormatter.GetHtmlErrorMessage(Boolean dontShowSensitiveInfo) +19
      System.Web.HttpResponse.WriteErrorMessage(Exception e, Boolean dontShowSensitiveErrors) +1478
      System.Web.HttpResponse.ReportRuntimeError(Exception e, Boolean canThrow) +445
      System.Web.HttpRuntime.FinishRequest(HttpWorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context, Exception e) +486

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Any help would be greatly appreciated