5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2007 10:24 PM by orafad

InterConnect Vs. ProcessConnect

Hi Integration Architects,

I would like to know how the ProcessConnect differ from InterConnect?

Regards,
      --Vijay.Sethu

• 1. Re: InterConnect Vs. ProcessConnect
          Hello,

The difference between them is that you can model in ProcessConnect processes and InterConnect is based on hub and spoke architecture. But ProcessConnect does not exists any more. The new product instead of ProcessConnect is Oracle BPEL PM. InterConnect still exists.

Which product you should use mostly depends on the processes and scenarios you want to integrate and on your architecture of the applications.

Regards
          Colette
          • 2. Re: InterConnect Vs. ProcessConnect
            Dear Colette

I am also new in OAS , I come to face this confusion too.Thank you to give such good information.

You said
            "Which product you should use mostly depends on the processes and scenarios you want to integrate and on your architecture of the applications".

I would like to know a little about the processes and architecture of the applications.which process needs processConnect and which InterConnect.

Thank you in advance.

Fahim
            • 3. Re: InterConnect Vs. ProcessConnect
              Hello Fahim,

as I wrote above ProcessConnect does not exist any more. You can use Interconnect, B2B or BPEL PM or a combination.

There are a lot of points to consider if you want to decide which tool to use. But as a short decision support I can say if you have a SOA architecture or you want to manage your business processes you should use BPEL PM, if you only need a data or application integration you can use Interconnect and if you want to support your business processes up to trading partner side you should use B2B.

Regards
              Colette
              • 4. Re: InterConnect Vs. ProcessConnect
                Hello Colette,
                Could you be more explicit and explain how ProcessConnect got deprecated? Do you have a reference site or other supporting information that you could point to me where it was announce that BPEL would be replacing ProcessConnect?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Regards
                Jocelyn
                • 5. Re: InterConnect Vs. ProcessConnect
                  orafad
                  Well, you could check out the section about upgrading ProcessConnect here:
                  http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14099_19/sol.1012/upgrade.1012/upgrade/standalone_comps.htm