3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2005 1:47 AM by orafad

InterConnect 10.1.2 Installation

Sh*427423*ry
      Hi All,

I have been working with Oracle Interconnect 904 and would like to upgrade to Oracle InterConnect 10.1.2 (Release 2).

My question is, In the installation document the following is mentioned "Hub or adapters can be installed only over an existing Oracle Application Server 10.1.2 Middle Tier and not on any other oracle homes, including new oracle homes. When you install Hub, ensure that the corresponding 10.1.2 Middle Tier is already installed".

1. My previous 904 installed on a server withour OracleAS. Does this mean the same does not work for 10.1.2

2. Has anyone tried the 10.1.2 without the OracleAS Middleware.

Note: I use only InterConnect, not the B2B part.

Thanks,
      Sherry
        • 1. Re: InterConnect 10.1.2 Installation
          Sh*427423*ry
          Well, I found that the architecture has changed and the 1012 will require the AS installed.
          • 2. Re: InterConnect 10.1.2 Installation
            ajochems
            I did an upgrade from 9.0.2 to 10.1.2 without any problems but you do need to install a 10.1.2 J2EE and Webcache installation first. After that you install your Interconnect into the same oracle home. If you split your hub and adapters installation onto different machines you need to install the AS first. InterConnect uses to much from the AS installation to skip it and try configuring it without it.

Regards,
            Andre
            • 3. Re: InterConnect 10.1.2 Installation
              orafad
              I did an upgrade from 9.0.2 to 10.1.2 without any
              problems but you do need to install a 10.1.2 J2EE and
              Webcache installation first.
              We're on 9.0.2 now, with AS Infra and Core types also installed. (InterConnect with some extensions to be exact) For various reasons we had to hold the attempted move to 9.0.4.
              If you split your hub and adapters installation onto
              different machines you need to install the AS first.
              So there is no 'adapter only' installation type now? Oh my.