2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2005 11:53 AM by 449266 RSS

Illegal restricted procedure Synchronize - error in webforms

Hi All,

When trying to open a webform (Oracle 9i/10g) with a field having synchronize built-in in the when-validate-item trigger, I am getting an error "Frm-40737:Illegal restricted procedure SYNCHRONIZE in WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger".

Is Synchronize restricted procedure in webform (Oracle manual shows as unrestricted procedure)?

This happens in some other forms while committing, but transaction is saved.

Your suggestions on this will be highly appreciated.

Gopalakrishnan.
        • 1. Re: Illegal restricted procedure Synchronize - error in webforms
          wilfred
          We had the same issue after converting from 6i to 10g. Sometimes 10g is blocking a SYNCHRONIZE in a WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM as restricted. Forms 10g is wrong as SYNCHRONIZE is not (and has never been) a restricted built-in.

I could never make it into a simple reproducable testcase to show to Oracle. In our case we could safely remove the SYNCHRONIZE built-ins from the code. Most of the times they were added in the past to workaround bugs in Forms 4.5 or 5.x.

On MetaLink you can find a couple of bugs in Oracle Applications running into the same issue and they were also resolved by removing the call to SYNCHRONIZE. I also find bug 1577072 (open since 2001)

If you need further assistance you'll probably have to log an iTAR at http://metalink.oracle.com
          • 2. Re: Illegal restricted procedure Synchronize - error in webforms
            Hi Wilfred,

Thanks for your suggestion.
            I had fixed the problem by removing the Synchronize built-in.
            I hope the error is not raised always but only in some cases.

Gopalakrishnan.