This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
Fixed my own issue, when I filed a TAR I noticed someone had a similar issue Many Years ago. Seems like a good idea to stay from GetChunk, so there was an alternative suggested. I used the following code, and I was able to properly close the Dynaset, and database.
Function GetClobString(Path) As String
Dim sqlStatement As String
Dim lRead As Long
Dim oClob As OraClob
Dim buffer As Variant
Dim AmountRead As Long
sqlStatement = "SELECT Data FROM Xmldata WHERE Name='" & Path & "'"
Set OraDynaset = OraData.CreateDynaset(sqlStatement, &H0&)
GetClobString = ""
Set oClob = OraDynaset.Fields("Data").Value
AmountRead = oClob.Read(buffer)
GetClobString = buffer
Set OraDynaset = Nothing