2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2005 9:40 AM by 450601

How to Connect Oracle Interconnect to a third party EDI solution provider

I am loking at putting in Oracle interconnect with the initial aim of using it to connect our Oacle ERP system with a third party edi solution provider. What I am trying to establish is how we connect interconnect and the third party solution and if any other modules are required such as XML gateway?

does anyone have any suggestions or can let me know if interconnect can connect directly with the third party solution provider.

Thanks in advance.

andrew
        • 1. Re: How to Connect Oracle Interconnect to a third party EDI solution provider
          Oracle did provide another product called PartnerConnect that could be easily integrated with Interconnect, this provides protocols such as RosettaNet, ebXML and a few others from memoryetc...
          The main driver would be to determine what protocol or API is available for the EDI solution.

Regards
          Stuart.
          • 2. Re: How to Connect Oracle Interconnect to a third party EDI solution provider
            Thanks for the reply.

We are going to use the Interconnect supplied FTP or HTTP adapters and link this to the third party supplied client which will be installed on our server. This way we can utilise interconenct without having to also install the partner solution. The connection to the customers client enables to us maintain our security requirements and tehn the client connects seamlessly tot eh ASP. Its been a hard job getting interconnect approved so think this is the best solution for us without having to install any thing else.

once again, thansk sfor replying.

Andrew