6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2005 7:09 AM by 469098 RSS

Linux & Solaris SDK missing from 10g release?

I have downloaded the both DVDs from:
      http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/cs/htdocs/101102linuxsoft.html
      However, I was only able to find the SDK materials for Macintosh.

For example, in the "Extras" DVD:
      % ls Clients/Calendar/DeveloperPackage
      Macintosh
      %

In the main DVD:
      % ls stage/Components/oracle.ocs.clients.download/10.1.1.0.2/1/DataFiles/Expanded/clientsdl/Calendar/DeveloperPackage/SDK
      Macintosh
      %

Where are the tools for Linux?

Thanks for your help!
        • 1. Re: Linux & Solaris SDK missing from 10g release?
          I am not sure exactly what tools you are refering to, but if your are looking for the client apps they be on the Supplemental DVDs. or once you have OCS installed, the main webpage to your midtier will have a link to the client apps also, which will be staged on the midtier.
          • 2. Re: Linux & Solaris SDK missing from 10g release?
            I has also been looking for the SDK for Linux. I found just the Mac SDK.

The SDK v.9 was previously accessible from this url: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/cs/htdocs/clientsoft.html
            This site is now updated with the new 10g clients, but the SDK is missing.

The SDK 10g JavaDoc is accessible from: http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B15595_01/calendar.101/b14474/toc.htm

Is the SDK not released yet ?
            • 3. Re: Linux & Solaris SDK missing from 10g release?
              Hi,

The Calendar SDK in part of the Oracle Universal Installer package with 10g, so when you select "calendar" as part of the installation, you have an option for the SDK pacakage, including the client-side libraries.

Regards,
              Product Management
              • 4. Re: Linux & Solaris SDK missing from 10g release?
                The Calendar SDK in part of the Oracle Universal
                Installer package with 10g, so when you select
                "calendar" as part of the installation, you have an
                option for the SDK pacakage, including the
                client-side libraries.
                I for one find the need to run the universal installer (which restricts itself to RHEL on linux for example) to be very annoying. What happened to posting the SDKs as a separate client download? Downloading and running the server installer just to get the SDK files as a developer is a huge waste of resources.
                • 5. Re: Linux & Solaris SDK missing from 10g release?
                  Hi,

OSS pointed me to the following.
                  DVD1, start Calendar Standalone Installer and choose only SDK for Install. This does work although it installs about 400MB instead of 30 MB the SDK 9.0.4 needed, which is quite annoying in my opinion.

I think in my Install csdkjni is missing. Just to let you know if someone experiences the same.

For problems with the Installer and OS try ./runInstaller -ignoreSysPrereqs

Best Regards,
                  Benjamin
                  • 6. Re: Linux & Solaris SDK missing from 10g release?
                    Hi,

just to correct my previous post. The csdkjni is not missing.
                    But keep an eye at LD_LIBRARY_PATH ;-)

Best Regards,
                    Benjamin