5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2008 4:05 AM by 614456 RSS

Post the contents on OCS10g News portlet

Hi,

When we log in the OCS 10g Portal, we meet the news portlet in the portal.

How to post the contents on OCS10g News portlet?

Kitae
        • 1. Re: Post the contents on OCS10g News portlet
          Same question for me, this feature lacks good documentation !
          • 2. Re: Post the contents on OCS10g News portlet
            The News Portlet can be configured to display custom text and URLs that are posted in a sub-page your own user-defined portal page group. A brief description follows:

-Log in as a Portal Administrator (orcladmin is by default - this is someone who can customize the Collaboration Suite Home page, and has ability to create Portal Page Groups and Subpages)
            -Click the 'Edit' button for the Collaboration Suite Home Page so you can edit the default page for all users
            -Now you can click the 'Settings' button for the News Portlet (that's the Pencil icon) - this will allow you to control the default settings of the portlet for all users. Notice here you can choose a 'Page Group' from which News items will be shown, as well as other options (such as the Introduction text).
            -Click on the ? button at the top of the page for the additional details of how to create News Items. This involves creating a new Page Group with SubPages that contain Text and URL items that the Admin can choose to have displayed in the News Portlet. Remember to create a Sub Page in your page group to hold all of the news items (not just adding the items to your Page Group)

Hope this helps.
            -Jason
            • 3. Re: Post the contents on OCS10g News portlet
              Thanks, Jason

It works very well.

There is a reference in Metalink - DOC : 332930.1.
              • 4. Re: Post the contents on OCS10g News portlet
                Hi Jason.

Your post is very helpful but I'm facing a small problem. I can not delete the "Welcome to Oracle Collaboration Suite " news message!
                and every time is on the first line!

How is possible to remove it?

Thank you,

Gabriel
                • 5. Re: Post the contents on OCS10g News portlet
                  I just find how, I'm sorry. It was (like always) something stupid.
                  In the News Portlet properties I have to deselect "Show Introduction".

Regards,
                  Gabriel