This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
It seems there is a bug 3919783 (same pb, same plateform), you can see it on Metalink, but there is no solution and no workaround...
At this point, as John said, the best way for you is to create an iTAR.
See whether the following important instruction for Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 x86 will help you.
1. Execute runInstaller with the -ignoreSysPrereqs option.
2. Select 'Do not create a starter database' when installing Oracle 10g.
3. During installation, the warning message 'SUNWsprox package not installed' can be ignored. Press Continue to resume the installation.
4. Download and install patch 4186426 from metalink.oracle.com after installing Oracle 10g software.
5. If you have an End User Solaris 10 distribution, install the SUNWuiu8 package prior to installing the 10g client.
Also you will be intersted in Running Oracle Database in Solaris 10 Containers - Best Practices (Note: 317257.1) on metalink.
I have sucessfully installed the Oracle 10.1.0.3 in Solaris 10 x86 without creating the database.But when i tried creating the database using dbca i am getting the following error message
The errors are:
1) ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
2) ORA-03114: not connected to oracle
3) ORA-27100: shared memory realm already exists.
Oracle says nothing to do with Oracle 10g,Check the OS.
Any help on creating a database in Solaris 10 x86 Oracle 10.1.0.3
Thanks in Advance