1 2 3 Previous Next 36 Replies Latest reply: May 30, 2011 2:21 AM by ADaniel Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: 10gR2 "database backup" to nfs mounted dir results in ORA-27054 NFS err
        I am on Solaris 5.10 and just upgraded the database to 10g R2.
        In my case I use an nfs-mounted fs as an Oracle - Directory which is used
        by data pump. None of the mount options mentioned in this thread worked
        so far on my Solaris 5.10 system. I did open a thread in metalink in order
        to get that problem nuked once and forever. I will keep you informed.
        Cheers: Peter
        • 16. Re: 10gR2 "database backup" to nfs mounted dir results in ORA-27054 NFS err
          Folks,
          Just for info. This is how you mount the nfs on Solaris:
          mount -F nfs -o hard,bg,proto=tcp,vers=3,suid,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr,noac

Cheers: Peter
          • 17. Re: 10gR2 "database backup" to nfs mounted dir results in ORA-27054 NFS err
            Thanks for the post. I didn't have an issue with rman but it got me through installation release 2 on my netapp mounted file system.
            • 18. Re: 10gR2 "database backup" to nfs mounted dir results in ORA-27054 NFS error
              What happens with the nfs mount point if the remote server becomes unavailable? What impact is on the local server as a whole and on the processes using the NFS mount point: RMAN, cp, or mv, if the problem happens while the process is running?
              • 19. Re: 10gR2 "database backup" to nfs mounted dir results in ORA-27054 NFS err
                I resolve my problem using the following on my /etc/fstab file:
                ##################
                192.168.15.126:/media/backup /media/backup nfs hard,rw,noac,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,suid,proto=tcp,vers=3
                ##################

Tks everybody!!

Paulo Portugal.
                • 20. Re: 10gR2 "database backup" to nfs mounted dir results in ORA-27054 NFS err
                  vsmith
                  The "noac" is a huge performance hit in NFS.

Eg Appling CPU2006Apr to 9i and 10g. Identical servers. One was finished in 40 munites. The other took 2.5 hours. This was just to back-out the previous CPU patch, load the new one , and reset the file permissions (patch 4516865 & 4533592)

I suggest someone tries: event="10298 trace name contect forever, level 32" in 10G to disable NFS mont point checking. I would still use "noac" and "forcedirectio"(solaris) where datafiles, redo logs etc are mounted, but for the plain Oracle binaries , no "noac" and no "forcedirectio". Eacj server has it's own copy of the binaries.

Complaints about NFS options during the 10g install?
                  Try "./runInstaller -ignoreSysPreReqs" .

Use these at your own risk.
                  • 21. Re: 10gR2 "database backup" to nfs mounted dir results in ORA-27054 NFS err
                    I walked into the same issue, when creating 10gR2 database (10.2.0.3).
                    The "Create database" statement failed when trying to make a controlfile on a NFS mounted disk.

When I found this suggestion :
                    "I suggest someone tries: event="10298 trace name context forever, level 32" in 10G to disable NFS mont point checking."
                    I was interested if this would help me out,

Changed the init file and run the create scripts and yes the event will not check the NFS options and the database has been created successfully.

Oracle did not recommend to use this workaround (of course), but it helped me to create the database and wait until the system administrator has changed the NFS mount settings during maintenance hours.
                    • 22. Re: 10gR2 "database backup" to nfs mounted dir results in ORA-27054 NFS err
                      ditto for RH AS 4 using an NFS mount point.
                      • 23. Re: 10gR2 "database backup" to nfs mounted dir results in ORA-27054 NFS err
                        Don't you just love Google ? This is an old post, but it helped me out today, where I had to do a restore to an NFS mount, also due to space issues.

I needed to change my fstab options, and viola, my backup runs :-)

mount -o hard,rw,noac,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,suid,proto=tcp,vers=3
                        • 24. Re: 10gR2 "database backup" to nfs mounted dir results in ORA-27054 NFS err
                          Error is documented in Metalink Doc Id : Note:387700.1

ORA-27054 ERRORS WHEN RUNNING RMAN WITH NFS

Solution
                          To implement the solution, please execute the following steps:

From the erorrs that we see from the RMAN stack this looks like Bug 5146667
                          This behaviour has been observed on Solaris and AIX Platform.

WORKAROUND:
                          As suggested in the bug the workaround recommended is to use the Event 10298.

1) set the Event 10298 in the init file
                          event="10298 trace name context forever, level 32"
                          if you are using the spfile then the following can be done
                          SQL> alter system set event='10298 trace name context forever, level 32'scope= spfile ;

Once you set the above parameter restart the instance check as follows
                          SQL> select name, value from v$parameter where name = 'event';
                          NAME VALUE
                          ---------- ------------------------------------------------------------
                          Event 10298 trace name context forever, level 32

1 row selected.
                          Then try the backups again

2) PATCH
                          Check if a one off patch for 10.2.0.1 for your platform is available
                          Please follow next steps to download and test it :

1. Login to Metalink
                          2. Go to Patches and Updates -> Simple Search
                          3. Enter patch number 5146667 and platform you are on ( your version of OS )
                          4. Download the patch
                          5. Read the README file for installation instructions and test it to see if it fixes your problem

Once the patch is shown as applied - you can do away with the event
                          • 25. Re: 10gR2 "database backup" to nfs mounted dir results in ORA-27054 NFS err
                            Howdy,

How HUGELY irritated am I? Been using NFS for Oracle since, well, before they let you.. Here are my current mount options; These fstab entries at the bottom are just an fyi.. my current 'pisser' is DATA PUMP and the destination directory object.

Why does Oracle require specific NFS mount options for a directory object? Or, more specifically, is there an option to bypass the 'special' test? I want to export to a floating, automounted location (/home/oracle) in this case. Yes, I realise the importance of directory objects, you know, being there and what have you, however, I would think it just as simple to throw an exception if it's not there as it is if the Oracle doesn't like the 'mount specifics', ....or not?

Is there an official way around this before I make up my own? To use data pump pointing to whatever location I want without having to architecturally juggle what should be pRetty darn simple? I should think, if they were serious about it, that I wouldn't have been able to create the directory object at all if it didn't like where it was yeah? Dump the pump and go back to 'exp' then?

Thanks for your time in reading my rant.

Any insight/help/factoids will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
                            Randy
                            --
                            ## Oracle Binaries
                            #10g
                            bt-na01-stor:/vol/oracle/product/sol_64/10203 - /opt/oracle/product/10 nfs - yes rw,bg,hard,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,vers=3,nointr,proto=tcp,suid
                            #9i
                            bt-na01-stor:/vol/oracle/product/sol_64/9206 - /opt/oracle/product/9 nfs - no rw,bg,hard,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,vers=3,nointr,proto=tcp,suid
                            ## Oracle datafiles
                            bt-na01-stor:/vol/oradata - /oradata nfs - yes rw,bg,hard,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,vers=3,nointr,proto=tcp,suid,forcedirectio
                            ## Oracle Admin
                            bt-na01-stor:/vol/oracle/admin - /opt/oracle/admin nfs - yes rw,bg,hard,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,vers=3,nointr,proto=tcp,suid

Message was edited by:
                            ranpel
                            • 26. Re: 10gR2 "database backup"  DATAPUMP and Nagios
                              Hi,

I'm now using my $ORACLE_BASE/admin mount for the DATA_PUMP_DIR directory objects, significantly less irritated now.

I use Nagios to schedule and drive and rotate my data pumps. Things I've found that suck; the JOB_NAME in lower case or with lower case characters is not something you can attach to. Messing with, in any way, the schema's datapump table or the datapump dump file renders everything clueless and all the pieces get stuck. I have yet to discover how to remove datapump job pieces that have failed (I've run several different scenarios). Seems a pretty fragile three-tiered setup, datapump that is. At least as far as cleanup and recover go.

Does anybody know how to clean up datapump jobs that have lost their heads? By heads I mean if the dump file is removed and/or the master table was renamed or dropped. Oh and when I drop the master table the DBA_DATAPUMP_JOBS view thinks the JOB_NAME is the recovery object (i.e. BIN$Qtb+amPsJ5zgRAgAINH2ow==$0 ) try attaching to that.

Cheers,
                              Randy
                              • 27. Re: 10gR2 "database backup"  DATAPUMP and Nagios
                                ebrian
                                Just curious, what version of 10gR2 are you using? I don't have any problems with lower case directory names on 10.2.0.3.

In addition, I've dropped the master table in the middle of a data pump export and things didn't seem to have any problems.
                                • 28. Re: 10gR2 "database backup" to nfs mounted dir results in ORA-27054 NFS err
                                  Hi!

I too faced same problem. But after mounting the NFS filesytem with the below options it is working fine as of now.

mount -o hard,rw,noac,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,suid,proto=tcp,vers=3 -t nfs prod:/u02/backup /backup

prod:/u02/backup = NFS filesystem
                                  /backup = Mount point
                                  • 29. Re: 10gR2 "database backup" to nfs mounted dir results in ORA-27054 NFS err
                                    Hi!

I too faced same problem. But after mounting the NFS filesytem with the below options it is working fine as of now.

mount -o hard,rw,noac,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,suid,proto=tcp,vers=3 -t nfs prod:/u02/backup /backup

prod:/u02/backup = NFS filesystem
                                    /backup = Mount point

-Swamy