3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2005 4:59 PM by 201430

Interconnect AQ adapter writing to a multiconsumer queue

Can we use IC 10.1.2 AQ adapter to write to a multiconsumer queue ?
      Consumer name is dynamic and available in the published message. Can we set that value using iStudio or any other way ?

thanks,
      Sadeepa
        • 1. Re: Interconnect AQ adapter writing to a multiconsumer queue
          Sadeepa,

Not sure if I understand your question.

If you have a publishing system, and two or more subscribing systems to that mesage, then without using Content Based Routing, each of the target (subscribing) systems would get that message?

In your message you could have a tag called <TARGET_SYSTEM>, and you can dynamically put the target adapter name in that field when you create the message.

Then when you publish the message, use CBR routing rules to route the message to only one (or more than one if you like) target system.

Is the "multiconsumer queue" the OAI Hub queue, or a queue on a target system?

Yan
          • 2. Re: Interconnect AQ adapter writing to a multiconsumer queue
            Ian,
            Thanks for the reply.
            Multiconsumer queue is the target spoke. I am publishing data from a DB adapter and subscribing to a AQ adapter, which is a multiconsumer queue. I want to set the consumer name based on content of message. We do not want to create different applications( adapters) for different consumer and use CBR with in iStudio.

At the AQ spoke side, there is a listener who picks messages based on the consumer name.

Thanks,

Sadeepa
            • 3. Re: Interconnect AQ adapter writing to a multiconsumer queue
              Hi Sadeepa,

for a multiconsumer queue you have two ways to define the consumers. One way: you create a recipient list which is enqueued with the message. I guess this way is not supported by AQ-Adapter. The other way ist that you enqueue every message like the other. Then you have to register subscribers to the queue. Every subscriber then gets the restriction which messages to consume. I think this is the way you can use.

Regards
              Colette