1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 30, 2005 11:17 AM by 416900

Could not give the message to the hub

Hi everybody

I have set up an adapter that publishes something, but I have currently no subscribers. This is on purpose since it is for a future extension. But the adapter keeps filling the logs with the messages: Could not give the message to the hub... followed by the XML, even though I have set log level to 0. I am not sure whether the messages also fill up on the hub, but I suspect they do. Then I thought of ignoring the error but it has no error code???

I cannot choose not to start the adapter since the queue it is responsible for emptying will fill up instead.

Does anyone know if the hub actually stores the messages and if there is a way to avoid the storing and the logging?

Alternatively I consider establishing a sink-queue and a subscriber that just empties it there. That way other subscribers can be set up in the future without having to do anything else.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Could not give the message to the hub
          It sounds like from your description that the Hub is behaving as designed.
          However, if it is not being used as designed you will get lots of error messages being thrown.

The Hub is a conduit, and therefore a publisher and one or more message subscribers should exist.

Regarding "Does anyone know if the hub actually stores the messages?". The simple answer is Yes, until a subscriber dequeues it.

Yan