5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2006 5:31 AM by 456893

FTP adapter failing sometimes, msg:Error connecting to the OAI Repository

Hi,

I have imported a dump due to curropt metadata definition. The import was successful without any warning/error.
      I have recreated the event , but when I am testing the same, getting following error in the FTP adapter, though the adadpter is started successfully, connecting to hub /repository, still trowing below errror when it translates a file:
      Sometimes it works when the adadpter is killed & restarted.
      Ususally happening when a new event is created & run for the first time...
      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

<A N = "do_no">428997</A>
      <A N = "mdo_no">
      </A>
      </AO>
      </AO>
      </AO>
      </B>
      </MSG>.
      Mon Oct 03 17:18:45 SGT 2005: Transport logs:
      Message linked list has 0 elements.
      FileReceiver.sendResponse() completed.
      FileReceiver.receive() is invoked.
      The message queue is empty.
      Mon Oct 03 17:18:45 SGT 2005: Initializing connection to the Repository...
      Mon Oct 03 17:18:46 SGT 2005: Connected to the Repository.
      Mon Oct 03 17:18:46 SGT 2005: Error connecting to the OAI Repository. Please make sure that the hub database and the OAI Repository are started properly. Once everything is started properly, the connection will be automatically re-established. However, if you have provided incorrect parameters concerning your hub database or the OAI Repository during installation of this Adapter, please stop the Adapter, fix the information and restart.
      oracle.aob.repository.aobRepositoryCartridge.RepositoryException

Any pointers on this will be a great help for me.

Regards,

MOhit
        • 1. Re: FTP adapter failing sometimes, msg:Error connecting to the OAI Repository
          In same context, what I observed is that the FTP adapter throws above error if a file is send again for translation...ie; when i try to use the same file for testing putingit in FTO dir , FTP adapter hangs throwing above error.
          Even after few runs of other files.

Is it something related to the security feature of the product which prohibits sending the contents of message if the same contents are send previously?

Actullay I had never faced such issue before & use to do the testing with same file itself.

oai_agent_error has following entry in internalid column:
          MetadataManager_RepositoryConnectionErrorWithoutOID

When I kill the adapter, the same msg is picked up by the subcribing adadpeter(dbadapter) & puts the data into the table.

Tough I m fixing the above issue as below:

1- kill the FTP adapter
          2- remove its entries in componentinfo table.
          3-deleting all rows in oai_hub_queue.
          4- stop other adapters.
          5- Stopping & restarting the repository again.

Still not sure whether error throwing by adapter is expected functionality in iStudio, or something is missing in the setting done in my setup?

Regards.
          Mohit
          • 2. Re: FTP adapter failing sometimes, msg:Error connecting to the OAI Repository
            I'm not sure how much experience you have with Interconnect but it appears to me to be something to do with the setup.

If the adapter cannot connect to the repository then it either suggest that the adapter.ini settings are wrong, although with FTP adapter there is very little that can go wrong,

Check that the parameter
            application=myFTPApp
            is the same case as defined in iStudio.

Also check your hub.ini and check the parameters are correct.

Also when you start the repository, check the file reposlog.txt to see if there are any wierd error messages.

Is your FTP adapter on the same server as the Hub or does it go through a firewall?

Cheers Stuart.
            • 3. Re: FTP adapter failing sometimes, msg:Error connecting to the OAI Repository
              All the entries suggested are fine.
              No wierd messages are found in the reposlog.
              adapters n Hub database are on same server.

When hanged FTP adapeter is killed the same msg used to go thru DB adapter & inserts data into the table.
              => there is nothing worng in the mappings.. some setting issue is there..
              Since I m using FTP adapeter as publisher , getting file from local dir, so I haven't given any parameters for the file.receiver.user & File.sender.user entries..

Entries re given for :
              ota.receive.endpoint=file://localhost/orab2b/b2bdata
              &
              agent_subscriber_name=b2bApp

Rest of the entries are as usual.
              • 4. Re: FTP adapter failing sometimes, msg:Error connecting to the OAI Repository
                I am currently facing a problem much like this.

I have an ftpadapter FAPP that works fine, subscribing to xml type messages for event A.
                Then I make my dbadapter publish for event B, and the ftpadapter subscribes to this alslo.
                Still it works fine.

But then I let the dbadpter subscribe to event C (published by a d3L-type ftpadapter, FAPP2), and I am in trouble.

The FAPP seems to think it subscribes to event C, and hangs. (Push metadata never finishes, a trustworthy symptom on hang....).
                Error messages: "MetadataManager_RepositoryConnectionErrorWithoutOID"
                and "Error connecting to the OAI Repository. Please make sure blabla bla".

I get out of this trouble if I delete the message from the queue, and restart the FAPP from the unix (with kill on the pid first), but if I ever publish C, the problem starts again.

Today I deleted the subscribe on B for the FAPP, and that helped.

So, the ftpadapter got confused in some way.....
                Is this expected behaviour?
                Should I install a separate dbadapter to avoid this problem?
                • 5. Re: FTP adapter failing sometimes, msg:Error connecting to the OAI Repository
                  Hi,

The only solution for this problem is to copy FTP adapter (utiltiy available in interconnect bin dir I guess) & configure the ini file for the D3L instead of xml.
                  Funda is : FTP adapter can be configured only for one type of payload either xml or D3L not for both.

So to get rid of this issue -copy FTP adapter with some diff name & change the ini entries for D3L.
                  U can copy the events & application created for already existing FTP adapter to the new application (using istudio copy event).

Hope this will help.

Mohit