2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2005 10:59 AM by 456893

Can Same FTP adapter handle XML as well as D3l payload?

Hi

I want to know is it possible to use same FTP adapeter for both xml & D3L type of payloads or I need to install a new adapter & create an application for that in iStudio?
      Scenario is as below:

The initial application was using a FTPAdapeter with payload as Xml, now the new requirement is to FTP the .csv files defined by d3L xmls.

ota.type parameter in ini file defined the type of payload applicable.

Do i need to install one more FTP adapter to map new events in D3L format or same FTP adapter will work...

Initailly the development instance was not syncronized with the prod one(without any events created so far), I had created some events with D3L payloads, were going fine ...then due to some problem in connection with iStudio we imported the production dump having the events with xml payload for FTP adapter, now when I m trying to create events with D3L payloads & test with modified FTP adapetr ini file, I m getting below error:

*****************************************************************************************
      Wed Oct 05 16:27:20 SGT 2005: Error connecting to the OAI Repository. Please make sure that the hub database and the OAI Repository are started properly. Once everything is started properly, the connection will be automatically re-established. However, if you have provided incorrect parameters concerning your hub database or the OAI Repository during installation of this Adapter, please stop the Adapter, fix the information and restart.
      oracle.aob.repository.aobRepositoryCartridge.RepositoryException
           at oracle.aob.repository.EnMetaDataMgrImpl.getMetaDatalets(EnMetaDataMgrImpl.java:1020)
           at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor15.invoke(Unknown Source)
           at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
           at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
           at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:261)
           at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:148)
           at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
           at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:144)
           at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:460)
           at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:701)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

*****************************************************************************************
      Any pointers will be a great help for me..

Regards,
      Mohit