1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 10, 2005 12:23 PM by 416900

How Does Oracle Applications Adapter Work

Hi:
      I've read throught the OA Adapter documentation, but I'm still a bit confused. If I have a message on the hub, and an OA adapter subscribes to that message, will the adapter write data from the hub to an OA table?
      Thanks.
        • 1. Re: How Does Oracle Applications Adapter Work
          Hi,

If the adapter you are referring to is the "OracleAS InterConnect Adapter for DB", aka the Oracle DB adapter, then the answer to your question is a qualified "Yes".

When you setup your subscribing adapter (the DB Adapter), which connects to an Oracle Database, then the last part of the Subscribe Wizard will present you with a procedure call.

All you need to do is to "tell" the procedure to do something, like INSERT into a table, or call a FUNCTION / another PROCEDURE etc. How you decide to consume the message is up to you.

Drop me a mail to ian_scorrer@yahoo.com, and I'll send you a zip file which contains a worked DB to DB adapter example. (It's based on a 9iAS R.2 Integration build, but the prinicples / code created the example haven't changed that much).

Yan :-)