This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
I presume this is in a development environment, this may be caused if one of your adapters is suffering from an exception.
The effect of syncing adapters is to restart your adapter forcing a metadata cache refresh. The same effect can be achieved by manually stopping your adapter and setting agent_metadata_caching=startup and agent_delete_file_cache_at_startup=true, and then restarting the adapter.
I did this and restarted the adapter but it didn't fix the problem right away. However, after about 2 days, the problem went away. Then, I did the sync again only this time I sync 1 adapter at a time. However, after maybe 25 times of doing it, the sync adapter in iStudio start to hung again. Then my admin restarted the hub and all the adapters. The next day the problem went away.
I wonder what really happened. We have about 4 Gigs of memory on the server where this InterConnect Integration Server reside.
You think it's a bug on the iStudio?
If this did not immediately fix the problem and it is a development environment, then I would suggest stopping the adapter(s) in question, and removing the persistence directory for the adapter(s). Also if this is a DB adapter then clear out the tables owned by the OAI schema (aotable, then messageobjecttable, then if it has anything in it transactiontable). This will ensure that there are no messages being processed. If they are AQ adapters make sure the queues are empty, file adapters have no inbound files in the directory etc. (you get the picture). The purpose is to ensure that there are no messages inbound to your hub. When you restart your adapters they should behave.
p.s. do not do this in a production environment or you may lose messages ;0(