This content has been marked as final. Show 12 replies
I came across maybe the same issue earlier with 10.2 odbc... It looks like oracle has switched to new compiler with 10.2. It appears to be making use of MFC71. So you might want to try again after installing the MFC runtime DLLs in the driver directory. Try adding these dlls - MFC71.dll, msvcr71.dll, MFC71ENU.dll. The documentation needs to be updated by oracle. I noticed the release docs for 10.2.0.1 still refer to the 10.1.0.4.
Hope this helps, it fixed my same issue.
This basically means that Instant Client 10.2.0.1.0 ships incomplete.
Obviously they packaged and released the software without ever trying to
install and use it on a virgin computer. Makes one think.
We ran into this and another very basic problem (Instant Client didn't work with
LDAP until the current release).
I get the impression that Instant Client is a bit flaky.
What are your experiences?
I'm replying to an old thread, but did any of you ever got this resolved?
I've got a fresh Windows 2003 Server install, from which I'd need to establish an ODBC connection to an Oracle database.
I've downloaded Instant Client Basic and ODBC add-on, unzipped them into D:\oracle\instantclient10_2\ , added the path into PATH, TNS_ADMIN and ORACLE_HOME environment variables and run the odbc_install.exe successfully.
Trying to create an ODBC connection (System DSN) results in "The setup routines for the Oracle in instantclient10_2 ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126".
I don't have MFC71 on the server and I couldn't figure out where to get those - I won't install MS Visual .NET just for this. MFC42 appears to be included in the OS.
Where can I get an older version of Instant Client instead?
If I were you I would use the newer client and copy the missing libraries from
some other computer (e.g. one that has the full client installed).
There is an Oracle bug in Metalink for this, the number is 4696660.
It is set to priority 2, has changed owner quite a lot and it seems that nobody has
been very interested in it for the last 1.5 months.
You could open a TAR and request a fix. Maybe that speeds things up.
I just completed the installation of the Client, and indeed you need to copy the two dlls called mfc71.dll and msvcr71.dll on your computer.
I found them easily through google, and put them after in c:\winnt\system and in my oracle installation dir, just in case.
Now it's working !
Hope it helps,