3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2002 2:05 PM by 242771 RSS

Calling an EXTPROC

How do I call INCOIN.exe externally. I am stuck. INCOIN is a Oracle Import Items procedure and I want to call this externally
      so I can run it through my custom form I am creating. Has anyone ever done this or knows how? It is not a dll, it is an exe. Every
      example I have is a dll. Please if you can help!

Thanks
      Shelby
        • 1. re:Calling an EXTPROC
          Write a dll with just the following function:
          int sysrun(char *command)
          {
          return system(command);
          }

pass in your exe name as the command parameter
          and the OS will run it just as if you ran it from
          the command line .. (so you can specify command
          line arguments as well)

see:
          http://www.orafaq.com/scripts/c_src/extproc.txt
          • 2. re:Calling an EXTPROC
            Thanks Mr. Thorne. One last question, there must be an already Oracle created dll that calls these procedures now. INCOIN.exe
            and RAXTRX.exe for example are both exe's that are external procedures called by ORacle. The reason I say this is because if I
            can find this dll, I can just call it. Do you know anywhere I might find something like that?

Thanks a million

Shelby
            • 3. re:Calling an EXTPROC
              Thanks Mr. Thorne. One last question, there must be an already Oracle created dll that calls these procedures now. INCOIN.exe
              and RAXTRX.exe for example are both exe's that are external procedures called by ORacle. The reason I say this is because if I
              can find this dll, I can just call it. Do you know anywhere I might find something like that?

Thanks a million

Shelby