1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2005 8:58 PM by 44538

Error while deploying a Java Stored Procedure using JDeveloper

Hi,

I was going thru the Oracle By Example article: "Developing SQL and PL/SQL with JDeveloper". (http://www.oracle.com/technology/obe/obe9051jdev/ide1012/plsqlobe/obeplsql.htm)

One of the items in this article is - "Creating and Deploying a Java Stored Procedure"

I was able to create a java class, compile it. Created a deployment profile. created a pl/sql wrapper. While trying to deploy the java stored procedure, I am getting the following error:

Invoking loadjava on connection 'hr_conn' with arguments:
      -order -resolve -thin
      errors : class package1/mypackage/JavaStoredProc
      ORA-29521: referenced name java/lang/StringBuilder could not be found
      The following operations failed
      class package1/mypackage/JavaStoredProc: resolution
      oracle.aurora.server.tools.loadjava.ToolsException: Failures occurred during processing
           at oracle.aurora.server.tools.loadjava.LoadJava.process(LoadJava.java:863)
           at oracle.jdeveloper.deploy.tools.OracleLoadjava.deploy(OracleLoadjava.java:116)
           at oracle.jdeveloper.deploy.tools.OracleLoadjava.deploy(OracleLoadjava.java:46)
           at oracle.jdevimpl.deploy.OracleDeployer.deploy(OracleDeployer.java:97)
           at oracle.jdevimpl.deploy.StoredProcHandler.doDeploy(StoredProcHandler.java:474)
           at oracle.jdevimpl.deploy.StoredProcHandler.doDeploy(StoredProcHandler.java:361)
           at oracle.jdevimpl.deploy.StoredProcHandler.doDeploy(StoredProcHandler.java:285)
           at oracle.jdevimpl.deploy.StoredProcProfileDt$Action$1.run(StoredProcProfileDt.java:383)
      #### Deployment incomplete. #### Oct 27, 2005 1:38:56 PM

Appreciate your help on this..