3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2005 10:17 AM by 461680

db adapter, can it both publish and subscribe to an event?

What I am trying to do is to synchronize two Oracle 10gR2 databases using AS InterConnect.
      DB1 should:
      publish new insert events
      subscribe to insert events from DB2

DB2 should:
      publish insert events,
      subscribe to insert events from DB1

I have set up the business object with the insert_event and two applications which use db adapters.
      It worked fine when one of the applications was publishing and the other subscribing to the insert_event.

I wanted to make both applications publish insert events in their spoke databases and also subscribe to the insert event in the other database so in iStudio I gave both applications publish and subscribe events.

When I try to run the db adapters I always get an error.
      Is it maybe not possible to make the same adapter(application) both publish and subscribe to an event?
      Do I need 4 adapters when implementing this scenario.

Regards,
      Hanna Jónasdóttir
        • 1. Re: db adapter, can it both publish and subscribe to an event?
          To be more specific this is the error I get when running the db adapter for DB2

Both DB1 and DB2 are running as well as the hub database.

Initializing connection to the Repository...
          Connected to the Repository.
          Error connecting to the OAI Repository. Please make sure that the hub database and the OAI Repository are started properly. Once eve
          he OAI Repository during installation of this Adapter, please stop the Adapter, fix the information and restart.
          oracle.aob.repository.aobRepositoryCartridge.RepositoryException
          at oracle.aob.repository.SessionManager.dbErrorHandler(SessionManager.java:507)
          at oracle.aob.repository.AgentATMgrImpl.dbErrorHandler(AgentATMgrImpl.java:3621)
          at oracle.aob.repository.AgentATMgrImpl.createXref(AgentATMgrImpl.java:1369)
          at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor13.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
          at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:261)
          at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:148)
          at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
          at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:144)
          at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:460)
          at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:701)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
          at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:247)
          at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:223)
          at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:133)
          at oracle.aob.repository.AgentATMgrImpl_Stub.createXref(Unknown Source)
          at oracle.oai.agent.server.OAIRepositoryImpl.createXref(OAIRepositoryImpl.java:885)
          at oracle.oai.agent.server.MetadataManager.createXref(MetadataManager.java:719)
          at oracle.oai.agent.client.XrefHelper.createXref(XrefHelper.java:87)
          at oracle.oai.agent.client.XrefHelper.performOneXrefCreate(XrefHelper.java:452)
          at oracle.oai.agent.client.XrefHelper.performAllXrefCreates(XrefHelper.java:248)
          at oracle.oai.agent.client.SmartQueueDispatcher.doPostMessageReceivedProcessing(SmartQueueDispatcher.java:601)
          at oracle.oai.agent.client.SmartQueueDispatcher.run(SmartQueueDispatcher.java:323)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Any ideas?

regards

Hanna
          • 2. Re: db adapter, can it both publish and subscribe to an event?
            Tim.Malecki-Oracle
            The error is 'Error connecting to the OAI Repository'. Make sure you have started the repository or re start the repository.
            • 3. Re: db adapter, can it both publish and subscribe to an event?
              Yuo can pub and sub to the same event with a single adapter. However be aware that you will need to code on your pub side to prevent a never ending cycle of inserts!