5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2006 9:08 AM by 466954 RSS

Oracle μEdge Server - Information request

Dear Experts,
      I am looking to use Oracle μEdge Server technology and I would be grateful for any direction towards technical documentation, installation guides, tutorials etc.

Many thanks for your time and help,
      Mark
        • 1. Re: Oracle μEdge Server - Information request
          Hi Mark!
          There is some information on OTN (search for RFID) and the documentation in the download. That's pretty muuch it. Lot's to find out by yourself.

cu
          Andreas
          • 2. Re: Oracle μEdge Server - Information request
            Thanks Andreas,
            I managed to get in contact with the team developing at Oracle's Mobile Phone Centre of Excellence in Warsaw and provided me with further information, but any source is always useful.
            Mark
            • 3. Re: Oracle μEdge Server - Information request
              Sorry to hear that it was so hard for you to find information.
              We're trying to do better in publishing information.

I assume you have been to rfid.us.oracle.com (Global Exchange) and didn't get what you want?

If you can outline the top things you are looking for or took you a long time to find, I would be happy to add that information on the site asap.

Thanks -- Sam
              • 4. Re: Oracle μEdge Server - Information request
                Hi Sam!
                The rfid.us.oracle.com is an internal address as is Global Exchange. I believe the original post was asking for information on OTN.

cu
                Andreas
                • 5. Re: Oracle μEdge Server - Information request
                  Many thanks for the feedback Sam.

I managed to get one of my colleagues at Warsaw to send me the µEdge SDK software and a document describing how to create a sample GPS driver and a document for the set up of rules and filters with the µEdge Server, as well as 2 Flash movies showing how the Configorator works and µEdge on a mobile device. I posted the message and emailed my colleague at the same time, and he got back to me v quickly so no time was wasted. I needed to set up a demonstration of a wireless device passing data to an Oracle Lite database, therefore I required any information on installation, setup and user guide.

Mark