1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 22, 2005 2:32 PM by Devious Scully

Multiple endpoints for HTTP adapter (OracleAS 10g - 10.1.2)

Devious Scully
      The HTTP adapter documentation states the HTTP adapter supports sending outgoing messages for Interconnect to multiple HTTP endpoints. This enables sending messages to various remote web servers.

The HTTP user guide states:

"An endpoint is associated with a subscribing event in iStudio by adding the transport properties such as the HTTP endpoint as metadata for the event. This is done using the Modify Fields function of the Subscribe Wizard - Define Application View dialog. After associating an endpoint and event, the message from the subscribing event is sent to the HTTP endpoint.

When using the multiple endpoint feature with XML data type, use the Generic event type, instead of XML. Using the Generic event type allows you to enter the metadata for the endpoints using the Modify Fields feature associated with iStudio.
      "

When invoking this through iStudio, the screen allows you a name/value pair and I have entered 'multipleEP' for the name & 'http://....servlet' for the value. Is this the correct way? For an additional endpoint I assume I add another name/value pair in a similar way to above, can someone confirm this method?

Some confirmation or additional HOWTO documentation on this facility would be appreciated.

Regards,

David
        • 1. Re: Multiple endpoints for HTTP adapter (OracleAS 10g - 10.1.2)
          Devious Scully
          I've done a bit of testing and this is what I found. Feel free to expand as you see fit.

Using the Modify Fields feature allows you to enter name/value pairs. I found that you enter the metadata parameter in the name, and the metadata value in the value. For example:

Name - ota.endpoint, Value - createMemoEP (appears to arbitrary but my example is related to event crateMemo)

Name - ota.send.endpoint, Value - http://..../servlet/yourServlet

The data gets saved in table EMDDATALET and when used by the adapter, the above information overrides the metadata from the adapter.ini file.

Hopes this helps anyone who wants to use this facility.

David