Hi you go to
Un Check the Archive Log Mode
Uncheck the automatic mode
Delete the File Format
Delete the archive log destination
Press the apply Button
Restart if asked to restart or make the changes as the popup mentions
Thanks for the response.
Now I am on the Recovery Settings page:
1) Under Media Recovery, I checked ARCHIVELOG Mode*
2) For the Log Archive Filename Format*, it says: ARC%S_%R.%T, what should I replace with? --Could you give an example?
3)Under Number Archive Log Destination Quota (512B) Status Type, thre are 10 lines, i.e.: so I filled with
3.1) Is the (format of ) the above entry :"C:\Oracle\product\archivelog1" --Correct?
3.2) It looks like the Quota for each destination is (512B) (byte?). If so, generally, how many such (512 Byte) do I need? I mean on average. And why does it restrict to 512 Byte for each destination?
3.3) If use up ALL the 10 (lines) of destinations above, if I understand it correctly, the total and maximum of the archivelog file is 10 x 512 Bytes -- Is this correct?
3.4) What should I do about Line #10 above, which carries: USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST under Archive Log Destination n/a under Quota [b]VALID under Status
Local under Type
Thanks to help.
Message was edited by:
Below the ARCHIVELOG Mode checkbox is a list of up to ten possible log archiving locations. Enter USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST as one of the destinations, to specify the flash recovery area as a destination. For ease of database management, the best practice is to use the flash recovery area as your only redo log archiving destination. You can, however, specify other locations on disk as well.
The purpose of the different log archiving locations is to spread your archive logs across different disks.
More info here:
Many thanks for the response. I still want to know the answers for the following questions (related to use of the OEM interface to set Archivelog mode):
Under NumberArchive Log DestinationQuota (512B)StatusType, there are 10 lines for entries, so I filled with the following:
10 USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST n/a VALID Local
1) It looks like the Quota for each destination is (512B) (byte?). What if the size of the Archivelog file exceeds the 512 B, what will happen and what should I do?
2) What should I do about Line #10 above, which carries the entries of: USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST under Archive Log Destination n/a under Quota VALID under Status Local under Type
--I mean, should I replace it with a C:\Oracle\product\archivelogx_dir?, or delete it? ,or leave it as it is, or else? What is this Line's default entry for?
Thanks to help.
1) Quota indicates the maximum number of 512-byte blocks of physical storage on a disk device that can be used by a local destination.
More details and an example on :
2) USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST at destination #10 means that the archive logs will be written to the flash recovery area (That's the default).
You can specify the location and size of the flash recovery area on the same page in enterprise manager.
Do you really want to write your archive logs to multiple locations? -> do you have good reasons to do so?
To take maximum advantage of Oracle's features that automatically manage backup and recovery files and processes, configure your database as follows
- Use a flash recovery area, which automates storage management for most backup-related files.
- Run your database in ARCHIVELOG mode, so that you can perform online backups and have data recovery options such as complete and point-in-time media recovery.
- Use the flash recovery area as an archive log destination for your database (leave all archive log destinations empty, except #10 which points to USE_DB_RECOVERY_FILE_DEST)
I hope that this answers your questions at least partially?