This content has been marked as final. Show 12 replies
I opened a SR and this is what the analyst provided:
"The OTN barcodebean is a sample and was only intended to show a new way to produce barcodes in reports. This barcode bean was nev
er meant to be used outside those examples and that's why it is only shipped as
part of the example and not out-of-the-box with the product.
The support of this sample is made by the OTN forums.
There are some generic notes available on Metalink that helps you to troubleshoting the issue but in general it kind of sam
ples are only supported by forums.
Please review the following notes:
Title: How to Debug REP-1401 when executing Reports with Barcode java code ?
The the barcode bean is just one way to do the barcodes differently in 10g, but the font approach is still possible.
Let me know if you need additional information."
So I think this means this java bean will not be supported by Oracle -- find a different way to do it.
I pretty sure that the problem is the BarcodeMaker.java class in the oraclebarcode.jar. I got the barcode example to work locally (on Windows XP) in reports builder, but I couldn't run it in our webApp on a Solaris appServer. However, I was actually just doing the barcode example to learn how to display gantt charts in a report. So I wrote a simple java class called GantChartTest that uses the JFreeChart API to create a gantt chart as a jpg. I followed the bar code example almost exactly and my gantt charts did show up on the Solaris appServer. Here's my imagefilename function:
function ImageFilenameFormula return VarChar2 is
thePhase VarChar2(50) := :phase;
estStartDate VarChar2(50) := :est_start_date;
estEndDate VarChar2(50) := :est_end_date;
wipActualStartDate VarChar2(50) := :wip_actual_start_date;
wipActualEndDate VarChar2(50) := :wip_actual_end_date;
myFileName := srw.create_temporary_filename;
GantChartTest.createGanttChart(globals.bcobj, thePhase, estStartDate, estEndDate, wipActualStartDate, wipActualEndDate, myFileName);
As this is 2 years after the last discussion happened,
Can anybody let me know if this has been fixed. Coz I landed into the same problem. When I used Barcode logic for one of my reports and ran it on Paper report it worked.
But when run on Browser, it gives me the following error
REP-1401: 'beforereport': Fatal PL/SQL error occurred.
ORA-39565: Message 39565 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA
Also it doesn't work on Unix after setting the classpath.
Please help me with your valuable inputs. Please let me know if there is a workaround for this approach. I am not able to take user529314's suggestion as I don't know java.
I will be happy if the report can be run successfully on UNIX.
Thanks and Regards,
I had the same problem, but I solve this using a well configured report service. There is my bad and good configurations:
<engine id="rwEng" class="oracle.reports.engine.EngineImpl" initEngine="1" maxEngine="1" minEngine="0" engLife="50" maxIdle="30" callbackTimeOut="90000">
<engine id="rwURLEng" class="oracle.reports.urlengine.URLEngineImpl" initEngine="1" maxEngine="1" minEngine="0" engLife="50" maxIdle="30" callbackTimeOut="60000"/>
<engine id="rwEng" class="oracle.reports.engine.EngineImpl" initEngine="1" maxEngine="1" minEngine="0" engLife="50" maxIdle="30" callbackTimeOut="90000" classPath="/home/oracle/buildingreports/BarcodeBeanPaper/scripts/oraclebarcode.jar" >
<engine id="rwURLEng" class="oracle.reports.urlengine.URLEngineImpl" initEngine="1" maxEngine="1" minEngine="0" engLife="50" maxIdle="30" callbackTimeOut="60000" classPath="/home/oracle/buildingreports/BarcodeBeanPaper/scripts/oraclebarcode.jar" />