7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2008 7:38 AM by 512836 RSS

Quick help please..:  Oracle 10 g application server Installation problems.

Out of the several recommended components, only the first two components got installed and the problem started with the third component which is web cache configuration assistant and from there on none of the other components got installed... I also see no log files that get created and hence no log messages that I can have access to in any of the 'logs' directories available under several folders like opmn, dcm etc...

Here is is the stack trace thats getting generated on the installation window..

Output generated from configuration assistant "Web Cache Configuration Assistant" (attempt 2):
      Failed in smi manipulation().
      The most likely causes are:
      1. TaskMaster cannot read configuration files, such as $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/conf/opmn.xml, and $ORACLE_HOME/dcm/dcm.conf, etc.
      2. Cannot connect to the repository.
      Resolution:
      1. Make sure that the system configuration files are present and the permission for those files are set correctly.
      2. If you are using Infrastructure Database, please make sure that the database is up and running, and the listener for the database is running. Also check the connectivity of the machine to the Database Repository. Please refer to the exception thrown by the Repository API for resolution. The Repository API may be misconfigured.
      Base Exception:
      oracle.ons.SubscriptionException
      Subscription request timed out after 120000 millseconds. Possible causes: OPMN may not be running, you may have an OPMN running in an alternate ORACLE_HOME using duplicate port values, or OPMN may be misconfigured.
      oracle.ons.SubscriptionException: Subscription request timed out after 120000 millseconds. Possible causes: OPMN may not be running, you may have an OPMN running in an alternate ORACLE_HOME using duplicate port values, or OPMN may be misconfigured.
           at oracle.ons.SubscriptionNotification.waitForReply(SubscriptionNotification.java:82)
           at oracle.ons.ONS.addSubscriber(ONS.java:336)
           at oracle.ons.Subscriber.realStartup(Subscriber.java:92)
           at oracle.ons.Subscriber.<init>(Subscriber.java:80)
           at oracle.ons.ONS.createNewSubscriber(ONS.java:690)
           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.TaskMaster.sysInit(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.TaskMaster.sysInit(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.InstanceManager.sysInit(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.InstanceManager.init(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.EntryPoint.init(Unknown Source)
           at oracle.ias.webcache.config.WebcacheConfig.smiSetup(WebcacheConfig.java:483)
           at oracle.ias.webcache.config.WebcacheConfig.smiEnableWebcache(WebcacheConfig.java:454)
           at oracle.ias.webcache.config.WebcacheConfig.enableConfiguration(WebcacheConfig.java:299)
           at oracle.ias.webcache.config.WebcacheConfig.main(WebcacheConfig.java:87)
        • 1. Re: Quick help please..:  Oracle 10 g application server Installation problems.
          hi,
          on which plattform do you try to install as?
          on linux be sure that your /etc/sysctl.conf parameter match the recommendation.
          make sure that there is no port in use which AS/ webcache want to use.
          (netstat -an)
          • 2. Re: Quick help please..:  Oracle 10 g application server Installation problems.
            Hi,
            I'm getting the same problem during the installation on win 2003 as well as on linux AS 4.0... is any body can help us to solve this problem.
            thanks for ur early reply
            • 3. Re: Quick help please..:  Oracle 10 g application server Installation probl
              Hi,

Did you check for the ports using netstat -an ? The error usually occurs due to port unavailability problems - if you installed the AS for the first time, and it wasn't shutdown properly ( prior to a de-install ), some of of the ports get "locked" and there's a conflict.

If I am correct, your shouldn't see any of the "Ora" processes after a clean shutdown. You can check with ps -ef | grep Ora in Linux to ensure that the old processes have been shutdown - if not, you may kill them using the kill command. In Windows, you may want to check the Services.

I have seen this problem only once - and it was due to Port unavailability. I killed the old processes and was able to start OPMN gracefully.

Regards,

Sandeep
              • 4. Re: Quick help please..:  Oracle 10 g application server Installation probl
                Hi,

I've installed 10g AS on Linux AS 4.0 long back and i was not using that these days. Now when i try to start working with that, i couldn't login into ias admin console. so, when i try to restart the iasconsole or restart the 10g AS instance, i'm getting the following error.

$ ./dcmctl restart iasconsole

ADMN-202004
                Exception encountered while read the config file.
                Base Exception:
                java.io.FileNotFoundException:/home/oracle/OraHome1/dcm/config/dcm.conf (Permiss ion denied)
                Check the details of the exception.
                java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/oracle/OraHome1/dcm/config/dcm.conf (Permis sion denied)
                at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
                at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
                at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:66)
                at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.persistence.ConfigFileUtil.getSystemProperties(Unk nown Source)
                at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.persistence.ConfigFileUtil.getAllConfig(Unknown So urce)
                at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.TaskMaster.initRepository(Unknown Source)
                at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.TaskMaster.<init>(Unknown Source)
                at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.cmdline.DcmCmdLine.checkInit(Unknown Source)
                at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.cmdline.DcmCmdLine.execute(Unknown Source)
                at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.cmdline.DcmCmdLine.main(Unknown Source)

any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
                Balakrishna.
                • 5. Re: Quick help please..:  Oracle 10 g application server Installation probl
                  Hi,

I've installed 10g AS on Linux AS 4.0 long back and i was not using that these days. Now when i try to start working with that, i couldn't login into ias admin console. so, when i try to restart the iasconsole or restart the 10g AS instance, i'm getting the following error.

$ ./dcmctl restart iasconsole

ADMN-705002
                  The most likely causes are:
                  1. Configuration error; TaskMaster cannot read configuration file;
                  2. Cannot connect to the repository.
                  Base Exception:
                  java.io.IOException:java.io.IOException: /home/oracle/OraHome1/opmn/bin/opmnctl: cannot execute
                  check the system configuration and make sure that the client can access the repository database.
                  java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: /home/oracle/OraHome1/opmn/bin/opmnctl: cannot execute
                  at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:143)
                  at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
                  at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:566)
                  at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:428)
                  at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:364)
                  at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:326)
                  at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.ProcessManager.system(Unknown Source)
                  at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.ProcessManager.start(Unknown Source)
                  at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.TaskMaster.startOpmn(Unknown Source)
                  at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.TaskMaster.<init>(Unknown Source)
                  at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.cmdline.DcmCmdLine.checkInit(Unknown Source)
                  at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.cmdline.DcmCmdLine.execute(Unknown Source)
                  at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.cmdline.DcmCmdLine.main(Unknown Source)

any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
                  Balakrishna.
                  • 6. Re: Quick help please..:  Oracle 10 g application server Installation probl
                    Hi BalaKrishna,

A quick search in Metalink yielded this :-

Note:248754.1 :- 9iAS MidTier Install Fails on Use Configuration Assistant with ADMN-705002

The article is basically for Oracle Application Server 9.0.2.0.1 - but, the steps are relevant to all the versions.

You might want to try out the steps mentioned in the Note & see if it works. You can also find similar articles in Metalink - I just searched with "ADMN-705002".

Regards,

Sandeep
                    • 7. Re: Quick help please..:  Oracle 10 g application server Installation probl
                      getting following exception in <oracle_home<\dcm\logs\daemon_logs

<MSG_TEXT>[TM] Evaluate got SysMgmtException: </MSG_TEXT>
                      <SUPPL_DETAIL><![CDATA[java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "8-922337203685477580"
                           at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
                           at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:403)
                           at java.lang.Long.parseLong(Long.java:452)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.persistence.FileTable.getNextNum(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.persistence.FileArchMemberTable.readRecord(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.persistence.FileArchMemberTable.checkReference(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.persistence.FilePersistence.put(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.persistence.Persistence.put(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.persistence.PersistenceCluster.put(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.repository.datastore.DataStore.store(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.repository.SyncUpHandler.syncUpFromLocalFiles(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.repository.SyncUpHandler.syncUpFromLocalFiles(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.repository.RepositoryImpl.syncUpFromLocalFiles(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.configsvc.LocalEditsHandler.evaluate(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.configsvc.ConfigurationServiceImpl.evaluate(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.LocalEditPropagateAdapter.evaluate(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.TaskMaster.sync_evaluate(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.TaskMaster.internal_evaluate(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.RemoteEvaluate.execCommand(Unknown Source)
                           at oracle.ias.sysmgmt.task.DaemonWorker.run(Unknown Source)
                      ]]></SUPPL_DETAIL>

please let me know where this number format exception occuring, i'm not able to run dcm-deamon because of this error

when ever trying to give

opmnctl.exe startproc ias-component=dcm-daemon

getting following error

<oracle_home>\opmn\bin>opmnctl.exe startproc ias-component=dcm-daemon
                      opmnctl: starting opmn managed processes...
                      =========================================================================
                      opmn id=<>:6204
                      0 of 1 processes started.

ias-instance id=<instance>
                      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                      ias-component/process-type/process-set:
                      dcm-daemon/dcm-daemon/dcm

Error
                      --> Process (pid=2024)
                      failed to start a managed process after the maximum retry limit
                      Log:
                      <oracle_home>\opmn\logs\dcm-daemon~dcm-daemon~dcm~1

please help me :(