0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2005 12:22 AM by 477358 RSS

Oracle Error: ORA-24327: need explicit attach before authenticating a user

I installed a Debian Sarge using Apache 2.0 with MPM-Worker, Multi-Thread and a RHES4 using Apache 2.0 with Pre-Fork. In Both systems I installed a PHP5 5.1.1 compiled from the Source. I had few extensions installed like GD, DOM, XSL, and so on. I connect to the Oracle using Oracle Instant Client 10.1 and my Oracle Server is 10g is installed in another machine.

When I try to connect using Oracle, sometimes a get the error:
      ORA-24327: need explicit attach before authenticating a user

Sometimes this error has gone soon and sometimes it is impossible to work!!!

I found these PHP BUG in http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=29779 and proceed how it was described in that article. I downloaded the OCI8-Beta 1.1.1 (pecl.php.net/package/oci8) and recompile the PHP5.

So, the problem become more unsual with this patch, but, when my server have a heavy load, it happens again!!! To restore the "peace" I need restart the Apache 2.0 Server.

I tried connect with Oracle from PHP5 using Connect, PConnect and NConnect (with NConnect I had less errors, but I dont know if is the better option) and I use ADOdb class to connect.

What do I need to do for this error disappear?

Thanks in advance.