1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 1, 2014 1:20 PM by manuel.rosa RSS

OER Use

Sandeep Oracle

Hi All,

I am pretty new to this Governance stuff. But I am curious to know about this OER Functionality and why is this used

Below is what I understand

1.  OER is used to store the artifacts and find the dependencies

2. OER is used for reuse the components ( I am struggling to understand this , because

3. If I harvest a OSB Project , I read from blogs that artifacts will be in OER . But I would like to know if the Project is also created in OER using the same name from OSB

4. Most posts tell OER  design time . If its a design I see there is no point of this in production . Please clarify

Please enlighten me and correct me if I am wrong

Thanks

• 1. Re: OER Use
          manuel.rosa

Hi Sandeep:

I'll try to help you out a bit.

1.  OER is used to store the artifacts and find the dependencies

Response: Yes

2. OER is used for reuse the components ( I am struggling to understand this , because

Response: It can be. You have OER plugins you can have on your IDE and then directly make searches and reuse components. You can also use the "Download" button on OER components' pages, like a WSDL.

3. If I harvest a OSB Project , I read from blogs that artifacts will be in OER . But I would like to know if the Project is also created in OER using the same name from OSB

Response: Yes, the artifacts will be there, but in the case of harvesting from OSB, the Projects won't be created as Projects in OER.

4. Most posts tell OER  design time . If its a design I see there is no point of this in production . Please clarify

Response: It is design time, because it helps you to define, structure, and evolve your artifacts throughout their whole Lifecycle, from the time they're only an idea, like a candidate service. You can use this information for your design time activities. For Runtime (and not the "production" concept you're talking about), you can use SOA Management Pack, or Oracle BTM to collect information about the services and then import that information back to OER, thus providing you additional information to take the best decisions according your needs.

Was it helpful?

Regards,

Manuel Rosa