I have a download link in my report column dbms_lob.getlength(a.attachment) Attachment
Column has BLOB format mask DOWNLOAD:CONTRACT_ATTACHMENTS:ATTACHMENT:ID::MIMETYPE:FILE_NAME:::inline:Download
Download link works fine giving the Open, Save, Save As options.
Save and Save As have the correct Filename from FILE_NAME, but if I select "Open" then Word opens the doc with the filename apex_util(read only)!
This is only in IE. In Firefox choosing Open makes Word open it with the correct filename.
Anyone else experienced this?
This is Apex 4.1.0.00.32 on Oracle 11 using IE9 and Word from Office 2010
Because the file is opening correctly using another browser, then the problem is not with APEX, your PC, or Word.
Internet Explorer is very flaky when it comes to mime types that have not been explicitly provided for in the web server. That is, the server is not explicitly providing for the .doc or .docx format in its reply back to Internet Explorer. So IE9 doesn't pass it off to Word.
So it's an Oracle database problem or listener? Still a bit confused sorry.
Ah, I see. If I use the embedded gateway it is fine, it's only when going through the Apex listener I get the problem.
So I guess I need to configure the mime types in Glassfish explicitly
Edit: I added the following to default-web.xml
Still no good though...
It is nothing to do with the Glassfish config.
I tried going through the apex listener (2.0.5) in standalone mode on my PC.
Same problem. Opens up the doc with a name of apex_util.get_blob.
Fine in Firefox. Fine with an online workspace (with the same docx) (ie Apex 4.2)
Tried changing the mimetype on the record to application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document (which is what the online workspace gave it) and still the same.