7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2014 12:58 PM by User587404-OC

Agent in ODI12c(12.1.2) is failing to start

User587404-OC

Hi,

I'm new to ODI and have just installed it on Windows Server 2008r2. Weblogic and Managed server are properly installed, up and running, ODI studio is coming up nicely. Managed server (ODI_server) is running on the port 15101, on the same port, I've configured OracleDIAgent to run. But:

1. I can view agent.cmd file in the directory <ORACLE_HOME>/ODI/AGENT/INTERNAL/BIN
      2. When I try to run it from command prompt using the command agent.cmd -NAME=OracleDIAgent -PORT=15101 I get the below error:
      Error

Feb 08, 2014 1:48:06 PM oracle.odi.param.CliParameterReader <init>

SEVERE: org.apache.commons.cli.ParseException: ODI-1625: This must be executed from a domain. System property domain.home cannot be null"

org.apache.commons.cli.ParseException: ODI-1625: This must be executed from a domain. System property domain.home cannot be null"

at oracle.odi.param.CliParameterReader.<init>(CliParameterReader.java:102)

at oracle.odi.param.AgentWarClassPathFileReader.<init>(AgentWarClassPathFileReader.java:18)

at oracle.odi.param.ParameterHelper.init(ParameterHelper.java:99)

at oracle.odi.Agent.main(Agent.java:654)

org.apache.commons.cli.ParseException: ODI-1625: This must be executed from a domain. System property domain.home cannot be null"

at oracle.odi.param.CliParameterReader.<init>(CliParameterReader.java:102)

at oracle.odi.param.AgentWarClassPathFileReader.<init>(AgentWarClassPathFileReader.java:18)

at oracle.odi.param.ParameterHelper.init(ParameterHelper.java:99)

at oracle.odi.Agent.main(Agent.java:654)

• My weblogic scripts (startWebLogic.cmd, startNodeManager.cmd) are lying under <DOMAIN_HOME>/bin
      • I'm running the command prompts in elevated mode
      • Admin and Managed servers are running on the same virtual machines with WLS port being 7001 and MS port being 15101

Please let me know where am I going wrong. Searched a lot, tweaked many things but couldn't correct it.

Thank you in advance!

-Adi

=======================EDITING THE POST==========================

After looking in to it for hours, I think i have reached close to the cause. In coomODIEnv.cmd, there is a property defined:

set ODI_JAVA_OPTIONS=%JAVA_OPTIONS% "-Djava.security.policy=%ODI_HOME%\..\..\oracle_common\modules\oracle.jps_12.1.2\domain_config\jse\java.policy" "-Doracle.security.jps.config=%ODI_DOMAIN_CONFIG_DIR%\jps-config-jse.xml"

But this doesn't have any entry for domain.home. Can this be the cause?

I tried a couple of wild guesses by making entries like:

"-Dsystem.domain.home=%DOMAIN_HOME%" and "-Djava.domain.home=%DOMAIN_HOME%"

where DOMAIN_HOME = C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\user_projects\domains\base_domain

Expecting for some help from the experts here.

-Adi

===================EDIT 2=========================

Figured out the way to mention domain.home. It is:

-Ddomain.home=%DOMAIN_HOME%

Now, facing second problem. agent.bat is looking for 'internal.properties file at the location:

C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\user_projects\domains\base_domain\config\fmwconfig\components\ODI

\OracleDIAgent\instance.properties

but beyond components, there is no ODI folder, but an xml. Looking into it. If someone know the solution, please let me know.

-Adi

=================EDIT 3==========================

Solved the above mentioned problems. Steps are mentioned below.

tina.wang suggested a proper way to start Managed Server and that's when a hidden bug popped up!! Thank you tina. On starting the managed server from command line and giving in the credentials of weblogic sever on being asked, go the below error:

"

oracle.odi.core.security.BadCredentialsException: ODI-10199: Incorrect ODI username or password.

at oracle.odi.core.security.SecurityManager.searchUser(SecurityManager.java:418)

"

I gave in the username and password of weblogic server.

Is there anything else I need to key in?

===================EDIT 4===========================

This is  in extension to the above error:

Some more logs:

####<Feb 8, 2014 11:52:45 PM PST> <Error> <HTTP> <asprd10casas007> <ODI_server1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '2' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <2f7643bd-f443-4056-a755-b548f83a9083-00000004> <1391932365278> <BEA-101216> <Servlet: "AgentServlet" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "oraclediagent".

ODI-1404: Agent OracleDIAgent start failure: an authentication error occurred while connecting to the master repository.

Caused by: oracle.odi.core.security.BadCredentialsException: ODI-10199: Incorrect ODI username or password.

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.servlet.AgentServlet.init(AgentServlet.java:298)

I found that instance.properties kept at 'C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\user_projects\domains\base_domain\config\fmwconfig\components\ODI\OracleDIAgent' loction is not having value for its various properties. This has JMX and other such properties:

instance.properties

PROTOCOL=http

ODI_SECU_WORK_REP=WORKREP

JMXPORT=

JMXPROTOCOL=rmi

ODI_MASTER_TIMESTAMP=

ODI_KEYSTORE_ENCODED_PASS=

ODI_KEY_ENCODED_PASS=

ODI_TRUST_STORE_ENCODED_PASS=

ODI_CONNECTION_RETRY_COUNT=0

ODI_CONNECTION_RETRY_DELAY=7000

ProductHome=_product_home_on_target_domain_

DomainHome=_target_domain_home_

Seems to be the root cause. Sorry for making it lengthy but I'm continuously updating the findings. Working on this since many hours without break and trying to resolve it asap.

Any help would be greatly and heartily appreciated.

Thank You

-Adi

====================EDIT 5==============================

Thank you tina and Phanikanth for your replies.

Here is the update till now:

1) Node Manager, Admin server and agent.bat are running properly with agent running on 17101

2) From the em, I started Managed server named ODI_Server1. I could see both Admin and Managed servers in green

3) On EM, I could see that the JEE agent I created is still shown in red

4) I started ODI Studio, created physical agent from Topology with port 17101, created a logical agent for this and then, on the Physical Agent, I clicked 'Test'. The test was SUCCESSFUL

The doubts now are:

1) am I good enough to import packages and run them?

2) odiagent is visible as red in EM console but Test is successful in Studio. Why is it yet red and will it cause any problem?

Also, I created a test agent apart from the original agent. Now, how can I delete this test agent. Can't find an option.

Hope I was able to explain it clearly.

Looking forward for a reply.

Thank you.

-Adi

• 1. Re: Agent in ODI12c(12.1.2) is failing to start
          Tina.Wang-Oracle

your mode is to start standalone agent

if you want to start j2ee agent, eg:

cd C:\oracle\odsi\user_projects\domains\base_domain\bin

startManagedWebLogic ODI1_server1

then it will prompt you input user/password,

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Agent in ODI12c(12.1.2) is failing to start
            User587404-OC

Solved it partially till now..

1) -Ddomain.home=%DOMAIN_HOME% added to commODIEnv.cmd

2) ODI/OracleDIAgent\instance.properties added to C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\user_projects\domains\base_domain\config\fmwconfig\components\ from  C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_Home\odi\agent\template_helper\instance

• 3. Re: Agent in ODI12c(12.1.2) is failing to start
              User587404-OC

Tina.Wang-Oracle

Thanks for the reply tina. I just did what you said and the logs although showed Managed Serverin running mode, they gave in exception for incorrect credentials.

"

oracle.odi.core.security.BadCredentialsException: ODI-10199: Incorrect ODI username or password.

at oracle.odi.core.security.SecurityManager.searchUser(SecurityManager.java:418)

"

I gave in the username and password of weblogic server.

Is there anything else I need to key in?

• 4. Re: Agent in ODI12c(12.1.2) is failing to start
                Tina.Wang-Oracle

if you have created the domain correctly, you don't need any other things.

please see the error message, your weblogic user/pass is correct, it's wrong with your odi user/pass. I suspect you did not configure your domain correctly

1. have you created odi repo and its depending schema using RCU, eg: audit and opss, if you choose odi, these depending schemas will be chosen by default

2. when create wls domain, it will let you specify odi/audit/opss schemas, then in next page, it will let you specify a credential, input SUPERVISOR/<your pass>, then go to finish,  it will create a credential in your CSF in the background, this step is done manually in 11g

if you don't familar with reset password in csf, you can recreate a opss schema then recreate domain, notice: a opss schema can only be used once, so everytime you create a new domain, you need a new opss schema

• 5. Re: Agent in ODI12c(12.1.2) is failing to start
                  User587404-OC

Tina.Wang-Oracle

Thank you for the reply tina. I did follow the steps you've described here. I'm using ODI12c 12.1.2. Probably I should've given more details about the exception:

<Feb 8, 2014 11:52:39 PM PST> <Warning> <oracle.as.jmx.framework.standardmbeans.spi.OracleStandardEmitterMBean> <J2EE JMX-46252> <Error during postRegister for MBean oracle.odi.re:name=AgentStatistics,oditype=ODIRuntimeMBeans,Application=odiconsole

Some more logs:

####<Feb 8, 2014 11:52:45 PM PST> <Error> <HTTP> <asprd10casas007> <ODI_server1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '2' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <2f7643bd-f443-4056-a755-b548f83a9083-00000004> <1391932365278> <BEA-101216> <Servlet: "AgentServlet" failed to preload on startup in Web application: "oraclediagent".

ODI-1404: Agent OracleDIAgent start failure: an authentication error occurred while connecting to the master repository.

Caused by: oracle.odi.core.security.BadCredentialsException: ODI-10199: Incorrect ODI username or password.

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.servlet.AgentServlet.init(AgentServlet.java:298)

Its only the odiconsole apllication that's not starting, the ODI_server1 on which it is deployed, is starting up properly. The logs are somewhere pointing towards JMX.

Request you (and other experts) to reply in case have any idea around this error.

Thank you!

-Adi

• 6. Re: Agent in ODI12c(12.1.2) is failing to start
                    Phanikanth

Hi Adi,

It is so simple, when you install RCU for ODI 12c, you need to choose ODI and all options from SOA then same credentials provide on ODI 12c installation while it is asking DB details and bind the schema once it is successfully bind then you can continue with ODI 12c installation.

Once you successfully installed, open the ODI 12c and create ODI agent on topology and start the agent from dos/linux command prompt

goto below location and start standalone agent

Oracle\Middleware\user_project\domains\base_domain\bin

then test the agent on topology manager

Regards,

Phanikanth

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Agent in ODI12c(12.1.2) is failing to start
                      User587404-OC

Phanikanth

Thank you Pahnikanth for the reply. I actually had already followed these things and after reading your post, it struck to me that I should tell you something more. Updated my query. Please have a look.

Thakns

-Adi