2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2014 11:45 PM by Aptitude RSS

Sparc T3-1 Memory Configuration

Aptitude Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

We have 2 DDR3 memory modules, that we wish to put into the Sparc T3-1, to increase its memory from 16GB to 20GB

These memory modules are

Kingston

2GB Module - DDR3 1066MHz 

Kingston Part Number: KVR1066D3N7/2G     (Also on the chip there is: 9905458-011.A00LF)

Specs: DDR3, 1066MHz, Non-ECC, CL7, 1.5V, Unbuffered, DIMM, 

Looking at: Memory Configuration Guidelines - SPARC T3-1 Server HTML Document Collection , These memory modules should be compatible.

Currently all "1" and "2" slots on all BOB's are full with the pre-installed memory modules.

So, I tried inserting the memory into various slot "3" on various BOB's.

The ILOM reported "A FRU has been inserted into a location where it is not supported. (Probability: 100, ... Part Number: 001-0003-10, 9905458-011.A00LF...)"

I tried replacing the new memory module with an existing memory module, this gave the same error.

Tip:  The ILOM memory error is not automatically cleared after restoring the memory to the original configuration. SSH to the SP, and use "start /SP/faultmgmt/shell" then manually repair the fault. Then power off, and restart.

I assume that https://support.oracle.com/handbook_private/Systems/SPARC_T3_1/components.html#Memory is not the only supported memory.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points