4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2014 1:58 PM by Catch~22 RSS

oracle linux 6.4 connection error

Hi, folks.

in short i have two nodes of oracle linux 6.4

i am trying to copy data from one to another.

in all the cases i have a trouble with connction on the source node.

generaly it works ok if just use it for browsing sites or copy small size of data, but when i am starting to copy a big data size (140 gb or more) in this case i have a trouble with eth virtualbox automatic connection. it fails some time after start. but time when the crash happens may be different (from half an hour till 2-3 hours). and then i can see such error (independently from the tools which were using for copy (scp, rsync).

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes to socket [sender]: Broken pipe (32)

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (1177908 bytes received so far) [sender]

rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(600) [sender=3.0.6]

[root@node1 ssh]#

oracle/PROD/checkpoints/

oracle/PROD/data/

oracle/PROD/data/a_archive01.dbf

Write failed: Broken pipeMB/s    0:05:19

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes to socket [sender]: Broken pipe (32)

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (1176673 bytes received so far) [sender]

rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(600) [sender=3.0.6]

[root@node1 ~]#

and on the same moment we can see on the screen that network status is initialization.

RGhost — файлообменник

additional info:

i have two virtual network adapters on the each of two virtualbox machines (1-st adaptor is host-only, the 2-nd is NAT)

ip settings is automatic by default, but even if to set ip manually and start copy of data in this case error of losing connection still happens.

Please, help to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: oracle linux 6.4 connection error
          Catch~22

Unless there is anything obvious, such as running out of disks space, troubleshooting your problem will require a lot more technical info and research. Your problem is most likely also not Oracle Linux, but VirtualBox, which has it's own forum at https://forums.virtualbox.org/

For what it's worth, I used the latest version of VirtualBox 4.3.6 only for a few hours and found out that my network connection (bridged adapter, virtio-net) would frequently pause for several minutes when doing long data transfers, and it even froze the network of the host system. I changed back to 4.2.22 and everything is fine again.

• 2. Re: oracle linux 6.4 connection error

Hi. Thanks for your quick answer. I even could not imagine that the reason may be in Virtual Box version. But it looks like on the truth.

I think this is not an issue connected with not enough quantity of disk space, as i am checking it each time before copying of the data.

I will try to downgrade Virtual Box up to the mentioned version 4.2.22 (as i am using now  4.3.6 version too)  and will check once again.

• 3. Re: oracle linux 6.4 connection error

After downgrade VirtualBox up to 4.2.22 looks like issue with connection is not appears anymore.

Thanks for the help.

Topic can be closed.

• 4. Re: oracle linux 6.4 connection error
                Catch~22

To close the topic you might want to mark the thread as answerd.