3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2014 7:58 AM by RickG RSS

Problems with SQL Workshop Object Browser

9bf96fc4-fb0f-4bdb-9188-d4fc7517d410

My service is acting funny.  I created tables with APEX SQL Commands view.  The tables are not showing up in the Object Browser Navigation view but the system is recognizing that the tables are there.  Also, the main view screen is minimizing on it's own. I am unable to recall the recent tables because they are not listed.  I am able to use the information from the tables that are unseen when creating charts in Application Builder.  What should I do to enable me to see the tables. Is there a way to refresh or reset the system to reflect recent changes? The online chat representative sent me here.

• 1. Re: Problems with SQL Workshop Object Browser
          RickG

Hello -

The issue as I understand it is not a known issue in APEX, so we will need more information, including the type of browser you are using, the exact sequence of events as to how you created the tables and exactly what you are doing to view the tables in the Object Browser.

Since you can still access the tables, you should be able to use SQL commands to do any and every thing that you could do with the Object Browser in the SQL Commands window if you need to do something in the near term.

Hope this helps.

- Rick Greenwald

• 2. Re: Problems with SQL Workshop Object Browser
            9bf96fc4-fb0f-4bdb-9188-d4fc7517d410

Thanks for your response RickG

I use firefox and internt explorer.  Since Ive been having the problem, I started using Sql Commands to create my tables.  Although I am able to create the tables, I am still unable to access them in Object Browser under TABLES but I can view them under Query Builder.  It seems as if the table view access stopped at 10K.  I need to be able to access the table to input data and make changes if needed.  So far, when I look the table up in "Find Tables" under SQL Commands and there are corrections to be made, I Drop the table and created it over.  I am able to see ALL of the tables in sqlDeveloper's Cloud view, but I can not make changes... Do you have any suggestions?

• 3. Re: Problems with SQL Workshop Object Browser
              RickG

Hello -

If I understand your situation properly, you have more than 10,000 tables?  That might be an issue.

You can certainly input data with standard SQL statements, as well as make changes, in the SQL command window or in SQL Developer..  You could also create a form in Application Express to access, insert and modify data.

Please confirm the number of tables, and feel free to use one of these alternative solutions to access data.

- Rick Greenwald