1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 13, 2014 4:39 AM by budachst RSS

OVM: 3.2.7 Can not connect to virtual console via OVMM

budachst

Hi guys,

since somewhat along OVM 3.2.x, I am experiencing an issue, where I can reach the virtual console only of the first nine or so started guests. Guests that were started afterwards only get me an empty VNC window, that states that it is connected, but the virtual console dosen't kick in, as if the internal redirect doesn't work, which seems to ve the case, since I am also not able to connect to the internal proxied console connection.

I was wondering, if anybody else had this issue. Since I am often running more than 15 guests on a single OVS, at least 5 of them can't be reached via the Lauch Console button in OVMM.

Cheers,

budy

• 1. Re: OVM: 3.2.7 Can not connect to virtual console via OVMM
          budachst

I just checked my OVM 3.2.7 hosts - I had this issue since OVM 3.2.6 - and my OVM hosts 3.2.4-525 don't show this issue. All of my OVS 3.2.6 and up, only seem to allow 10 socat processes, which are used to connect to the console of a running guest. So, run 13 guests and only the first 10 will have their console available.

On my 3.2.4-525 hosts, there are exactly the same number of socat processes connecting to an VNC port as there are guests running.

Anybody can confirm this?

Cheers,

budy