We are in process of setting up failover mechanism for latest version.
Following are the Hyperion components : HFM,FDMEE,FR,HSS,Workspace,etc.
We have planned to use distributed approach where in we will have :
BOX 1 : Foundation,Workspace and FR reporting
BOX 2 : HFM,FDMEE
Database is Oracle 11g and we will be using application & web servers as recommended by Oracle (Weblogic 11 ,Oracle HTTP Server,etc.)
Please confirm my understanding of methodology of seting up failover for above components :-
1. HFM/FDMEE will be clustered using Inbuilt load balancer - Ok?
2. Database clustering - Please suggest which is bexst method to do Oracle DB clustering
3. Foundation,workspace & FR - Please suggest should we use Weblogic clustering ,Oracle Clusterware or third party software like Micsoroft Cluster/Veritas,etc. What is the best practice clustering for Foundation.
4. How should we decide whether we will need Hardware load balancer for IIS web server? Is it mandatory to have Hardware load balancer?If its not implemented whats the probable issue?
5. From blogs I read that DNS and shared disk to be setup for clustering. How this is configured ?
6. Is it advisable to deploy web applications manually or automatically?
Many thanks for your help in advance. Oracle has published high availability guide for 2.1 but it doesnt give correction direction and sufficient information for a new-bie.
Please advise and share your comments on above .