1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 13, 2014 4:23 PM by Gary Graham RSS

SQLDev4: quick search does not work properly

PaoloM Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I am using the latest version of SQL Developer (Version 4.0.0.13 Build MAIN-13.80) and I would like to report an annoying bug I have found in the package editor and that I hope it can be fixed.

To replicate it, please open a package body, put the cursor next to a common word and press CTRL + F to start the quick search. The word next to the cursor will be highlighted and copied in the quick search field at the top of the package editor. UP and DOWN arrows will let you jump from one string occurrence to the other in the package. This is really very handy.

Now press ESCAPE to put back the focus to the package editor and move your cursor next to a different word. Press CTRL + F again and the new word next to the cursor will be highlighted and copied in the quick search field. BUT if you now try to use the UP and DOWN arrows, you will see that you will be brought to the occurrences of the string that you searched previously and not for the string that is currently in the quick search field. This is really annoying.

Currently the workaround I found is to press BACKSPACE once to delete the last letter of the string in the quick search field and then SQLDev will understand that you are actually looking for a different string and the UP and DOWN arrows will bring you to the correct string occurrences in the package.

Is it possible to raise a bug for this issue?

Thanks,

Paolo