Ubuntu is not listed as one of the distros in the XE Linux install guide. You might get lucky, or you might hit something that Ubuntu does *slightly* differently. In this case it looks like Ubuntu installs awk in a directory other than /bin.
One of the following:
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 Update 7
- Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 Update 2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Update 7
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Update 2
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
What did you find when you looked in /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/xe/config/log ?
Message was edited by: Brian Bontrager