4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2014 4:45 AM by User441079 RSS

Cannot find Storage Plugins in Oracle VM Manager !!

User441079

Hi all,

I' have a problem when i try to discover a SAN Server in Oracle VM Manager 3.2.7, the list of Storage Plug-in is empty.  Cannot find any plug-in.

Since the filed is mandatory cannot proceed to the creation of the SAN SERVER without specifying the plugin.

I'have Oracle VM Agent 3.2.1 installed on my T5-4 Oracle VM servers. any help please ?

• 1. Re: Cannot find Storage Plugins in Oracle VM Manager !!
          Gustavo M.

Only a handful of Storage units, NAS or SAN, have plugins enabled. Remember that OVMManager 3 (and 3.2.7) DOES NOT support iSCSI and Fiber Channel storage when creating SPARC based clusters.

This is only supported in X86 clusters, and with SOME SAN units that provide plugins.

NFS generic plugin works with MOST units out of the box.

Which SAN server do you have?

• 2. Re: Cannot find Storage Plugins in Oracle VM Manager !!
            User441079

Thank you for your response, actually i was trying to create a Fibre Channel storage for a SPARC based server pool, wich is not supported yet seemingly.

Below the section that discusses the limitations of Oracle VM Manager when using Oracle VM Server for SPARC

7 Using Oracle VM Server for SPARC with Oracle VM Manager

This section discusses any limitations when using Oracle VM Server for SPARC and managing those servers in Oracle VM Manager.

There are a number of features that exist in Oracle VM Server for SPARC that cannot be represented in Oracle VM Manager at this time. Those feature are:

• Assigning crypto accelerators to guest domains. This is a feature on SPARC servers prior to the T4 series.
            • Whole-core and max-cores constraints.
            • Multiple service domains, which are typically used to provide redundancy.

There are a number of features that exist in Oracle VM Manager that cannot be used in a server pool that contains Oracle VM Server for SPARC servers. Those feature are:

• ISCSI or Fibre Channel storage. NFS storage is, however, supported.
            • Server pools cannot be HA-enabled.
            • Yum updates/upgrades of Oracle VM Servers.
            • Virtual machine suspend and resume functionality.
            • 3. Re: Cannot find Storage Plugins in Oracle VM Manager !!
              Gustavo M.

You might want to try the beta for OVM 3.3 that DOES include that support for SPARC.

What you can do can be achieved via Ops Center, but then you cannot use OVMManager.

My suggestion is to give beta for OVM a chance.

• 4. Re: Cannot find Storage Plugins in Oracle VM Manager !!
                User441079

I will try OVM 3.3 then. thank you.