0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2014 11:00 AM by AlastairM

Is there any way to disable bdb file locks in config folder?

AlastairM

Hi,

I'm using Apex Listener 2.0.5 on Weblogic and I have noticed the following error in my stderr.log:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Environment home instance-config/apex/bdb/ael-XTVWEzJ7xhEASmlCwkQmig doesn't exist

at com.sleepycat.je.log.FileManager.<init>(FileManager.java:346)

at com.sleepycat.je.dbi.EnvironmentImpl.<init>(EnvironmentImpl.java:439)

at com.sleepycat.je.dbi.EnvironmentImpl.<init>(EnvironmentImpl.java:341)

at com.sleepycat.je.dbi.DbEnvPool.getEnvironment(DbEnvPool.java:181)

at com.sleepycat.je.Environment.makeEnvironmentImpl(Environment.java:229)

at com.sleepycat.je.Environment.<init>(Environment.java:211)

at com.sleepycat.je.Environment.<init>(Environment.java:165)

at oracle.dbtools.rt.home.DataStoreHelper.<init>(DataStoreHelper.java:38)

at oracle.dbtools.rt.home.TransientDataStore.activate(TransientDataStore.java:88)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at oracle.dbtools.common.service.__Reflections.invoke(__Reflections.java:85)

at oracle.dbtools.common.service.Provider.activate(Provider.java:47)

This doesnt actually seem to stop the instance from working in my case - I have only noticed it because our production support team require a "clean log" and I need to find a way to resolve this error.

From what research I have done, the bdb folder is the Berkeley DB required for the restful services templates etc. We are not using any of the restful services functionality so my question is - can this bdb folder be disabled or moved to the tmp folder where we have write access?

PS. My config.dir folder is read-only on production hence why I believe it is unable to create this temp file.