8 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2014 3:34 AM by 944384

FDM Custom Scripts to control HFM (such as peforming a Translate in HFM) after FDM Data load via Batch Loader

user7997924

Currently, we have a Microsoft Access database + VBA Scripts that use HFM's API's objects to connect to the HFM application to perform the following tasks:

1) Clear data as per a specific HFM POV

2) Load data from a text file to HFM application

3) Execute a data Consolidation in HFM with 3 differents POV

4) Execute a data Translate in HFM with a specific POV.

5) When HFM process completed, send an email logs to the Hyperion Admin team with Logs.

We want to replace this MS Access database with FDM.

From FDM Custom Script, I am able to execute the Batch Loader to load data to our HFM application.

However, from FDM, I would like to connect to our HFM application to perform a Consolidate (in HFM) and also a Translate (in HFM) after the data have been loaded via FDM Data Loader.

The issue I have is that I cannot use the following VB Scripts in FDM (This codes is working in MS Access)

Function OpenHfmApp(sDomain As String, sUser As String, sPass As String, sServer As String, sApp As String)

Dim cClient As HsxClient

Dim cSession As HsvSession

Dim cServer As HsxServer

Set cClient = New HsxClient

cClient.SetLogonInfoSSO sDomain, sUser, "", sPass

cClient.OpenApplication sServer, "Financial Management", sApp, cServer, cSession

Set OpenHfmApp = cSession  

End Function

FDM does not like the "AS" - I should write:

Function OpenHfmApp(sDomain, sUser, sPass , sServer , sApp)

Dim cClient

Dim cSession

Dim cServer

Set cClient = New HsxClient

cClient.SetLogonInfoSSO sDomain, sUser, "", sPass

cClient.OpenApplication sServer, "Financial Management", sApp, cServer, cSession

Set OpenHfmApp = cSession  

End Function

When I execute this code in FDM, I get the following error message (From Financial Data Management Workbench)

500 - Variable is undefined: 'HsxClient'

At Line: 565

My questions are:

(1) Is it possible to control HFM via FDM VB Scripts to peform some tasks such as HFM Clear, HFM Consolidation and HFM Translate?

(2) If Yes, How can I reference the HFM objects into FDM VB Scritp Editor [Custom-General]  (to use HFM API's objects via FDM VB scripts)?

Thanks

Claude