3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2014 2:17 PM by Philip Merlano-Oracle RSS

Call a JSP Page with session parameters

888fcf46-34ab-4be6-a402-b2961dc65c0c Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

I have a requirement to call a JSP Page external to Oracle applications by passing session information, which would internally have an user id and password being added into the session.

I did try using the following :

String sessionid = pageContext.getSessionId();

Set the session values of user name and password :

pageContext.putSessionValue("UserName",username);

pageContext.putSessionValue("Password",password);     

pageContext.setForwardURL("https://abc.com/PVESearchURL.aspx?UserName="+username+"&Password="+password+"&EntID="+entID+"&ProjID="+projID+"&IndexFields="+indexFields+"&IndexValues="+deliveryID+"&SortBy="+sortBY+"&SearchType="+searchType+"&ResultsType="+resultsType+"&ShowHomeLink="+homeLink,

//pageContext.setForwardURL("https://login.imagesilo.com/PVESearchURL.aspx?SessionID="+sessionid+"&EntID="+entID+"&ProjID="+projID+"&IndexFields="+indexFields+"&IndexValues="+deliveryID+"&SortBy="+sortBY+"&SearchType="+searchType+"&ResultsType="+resultsType+"&ShowHomeLink="+homeLink,       

null, // not necessary with KEEP_MENU_CONTEXT

OAWebBeanConstants.KEEP_MENU_CONTEXT, // no change to menu context

null, // No need to specify since we're keeping menu context

null, // request parameters

true, // retain the root application module

OAWebBeanConstants.ADD_BREAD_CRUMB_YES, // display breadcrumbs

OAException.ERROR); // do not forward w/ errors

It seems the session id that I get here using pageContext.getSessionId() is not recognized as a valid session id that the external system is expecting.

Could you please share any inputs on whether the session id that we get out of pageContext.getSessionId() is a valid HTTP session id that can be used to interface with external web sites?

Regards:
Nagaraj.s

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points