4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2014 6:29 AM by PranitSaha

Oracle BWC Vs Sourcing

Nitin Jain

Hi all,

I am slightly confused between different terminologies in R12. Can someone please clarify? What is the difference between Buyers Work Center (BWC) and Sourcing module. The negotiation tab/processes are also available as part of BWC, so why do i need Sourcing? Our client plans to explore using the RFQ/RFI process for communicating with suppliers. So do i really need to setup the sourcing module seperately or i can achieve all that using the Buyers work center itself.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Nitin

• 1. Re: Oracle BWC Vs Sourcing
          PranitSaha

Buyer Work Centre (BWC) is a centralized dashboard in Oracle Purchasing that helps a Buyer or Procurement officer to perform and analyze all the procurement activities. BWC incorporates Oracle Purchasing, Sourcing, Procurement Contracts, Analytics etc. to provide the user all the key purchasing functionalities in a single dashboard. You may see the negotiations, contracts, intelligence etc but you need have licenses for related modules such as Sourcing, Procurement Contracts etc. to use the functionalities.

• 2. Re: Oracle BWC Vs Sourcing
            baitir

To have suppliers connect and participate on RFQ/RFI, you need to use Sourcing module.

You can then create RFQ/RFI, invite suppliers, have them create their quote and evaluate these quotes. You can then award and create PO from Sourcing award.

• 3. Re: Oracle BWC Vs Sourcing
              Nitin Jain

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. So without enabling the sourcing module, i can't use the RFQ/RFI process in Oracle? Even if its available as part of the Buyers workbench? Please confirm.

Thanks,

Nitin

• 4. Re: Oracle BWC Vs Sourcing
                PranitSaha

You are right.

1 person found this helpful