2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2014 9:02 PM by billatthemovies

Java security warning

a242dfe8-b261-4d4e-b9f3-640d36adc7c1

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you can help me. I work for a software company and we have an applet in our application. We have a signed jar file containing the relevant code. We just went through the process of adding attributes to the manifest file to comply with Java 7 Update 51 so our clients are able to run our applet without warnings/exceptions. The attributes we've added to the manifest file are as follows:

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Application-Library-Allowable-Codebase: *

Application-Name: [Our app name]

Permissions: all-permissions

Created-By: 1.7.0_45 (Oracle Corporation)

Caller-Allowable-Codebase: *

Codebase: *

We have a client that has our application (and signed jar) installed on multiple servers. When they access the page with the applet, they get the Java security warning popup. There are no warnings in the popup; however, they do not have the "Do not show this again for apps from the publisher and location above" checkbox. Also, the Location field in the security warning lists both of the servers they have the code installed on. So they get the security warning every time they hit the page which isn't acceptable for them.

Does anyone know if the checkbox is missing because there are multiple locations listed in the warning? In doing some research, I found a Java article about various dialogs you will see when running an application with a trusted signed certificate. One of the scenarios listed is security dialogs displaying multiple locations, which is the scenario we're facing. Interestingly, the screenshot of the security warning also doesn't display the checkbox:

Various security dialogs for trusted signed applications

Any help would be greatly appreciated.