1 2 Previous Next 27 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2014 2:17 PM by TexasApexDeveloper Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Dynamic Action jQuery Selector Problem
        Tom Petrus

If you can't get it to work, set up an example(or export your application to) on apex.oracle.com so I (/we) can take a look!

• 16. Re: Dynamic Action jQuery Selector Problem
          Becky

We have upgraded to 4.2.4.  It is still not working.  I will try to put an example on apex.oracle.com

• 17. Re: Dynamic Action jQuery Selector Problem
            Becky

Tom,

I got the DA to fire!  It was setting the Event Scope to Dynamic.  Still don't have the second field populated, but working on that!

• 18. Re: Dynamic Action jQuery Selector Problem
              Becky

Tom,

In the DA (I think), I am getting an error:

Error: parsererror - syntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character

I really can't tell if it's in the DA or the AjaxCallBack.

Thanks,

Becky

• 19. Re: Dynamic Action jQuery Selector Problem
                Becky

Tom,

I guess I should tell where the app is!!  It is

It's in workspace beckyeisen.

Password gstEisen123

• 20. Re: Dynamic Action jQuery Selector Problem
                  Tom Petrus

Becky,

The error is in the ajax call. You're getting a no-data-found. You can see this by inspecting the ajax call made, the response will show the error. You get the error because a json format is expected, and the error message evidently is not json. This might be because you haven't provided data in all the tables.

And dynamic scope helps, yes. Because with a static bind only elements present in the dom at load of the page will be bound. Dynamic can take care of additional elements inserted in the dom after that.

• 21. Re: Dynamic Action jQuery Selector Problem
                    Becky

Tom,

I FINALLY got it to work.  I believe part of the problem, was my database design was too complicated.  I denormalized some tables and was able to get my head around the queries!!

Thanks so much for all your help!

Becky

• 22. Re: Dynamic Action jQuery Selector Problem
                      Becky

Tom,

I just ran into a MAJOR hiccup.  This does not work in IE 8.  Is there a work around?

Thanks,

Becky

• 23. Re: Dynamic Action jQuery Selector Problem
                        TexasApexDeveloper

Switch to a MODERN browser???

(I understand your client has their standards, they just are not inline with current browser technology, explain to your client that the browser they have you support is 3 MAJOR releases from the current released product from Microsoft..)

Thank you,

Tony Miller
                        LuvMuffin Software
                        Ruckersville, VA

• 24. Re: Dynamic Action jQuery Selector Problem
                          Tom Petrus

It should work in IE8, but the code might need some adaptations. Usually the cause is the use of some native javascript functionality not working as you expect, usually in IE. This can be a minor thing, such as ".selected". This is also why you should always prefer to use jQuery in cross-browser applications, and while it may not the holy grail, it takes care of many such issues.

And while I agree with Tony that using a modern browser would be best, there are still plenty and plenty of clients with IE8. It's frustrating, yes, as they NEED it to be ie8 because usually there is old or some or other propietary site or software which has been implemented in the poorest of ways possible or hasn't been updated/looked at for year. Yet at the same time, they want 'cutting edge' website designs.

Oh and hey, IE8 is not THAT bad, but what will make life simply terrible with it is that ALL corporations have the "display intranet websites in compatibility mode" checked on by policy, forcing your sites to IE7 compatibility mode. Geez, go figure...

To determine your issue however you will need to provide more info to us. When you open the dev tools in ie8 and look at the script/console, does it mention an error and a line? Is your demo application to date? If you have a reflecting solution there, we may try to run it, even if it is in a compatibility mode.

• 25. Re: Dynamic Action jQuery Selector Problem
                            Becky

Tony,

This is the Government.  I have absolutely no say in the matter!

Thanks,

Becky

• 26. Re: Dynamic Action jQuery Selector Problem
                              Becky

Tom,

I was able to get the demo app to work in IE9.  I exported the app to the my customer site and it works in IE8.  However, when I copied the code to the customer app, it does not work.  I am back to the parseerror...unexpected character when run in Firefox!

When I open the dev tools in ie8 I get no errors.  When I run the app, by selecting the first LOV, I receive Error:parseerror - [object Error] which is the same thing.

You have helped my tremendously and I appreciate it!!

The demo app is up to date.

I guess when all else fails, delete and start over!!!  I created another page and recreated the tabular form.  I recopied from the application that works.  On the page where I need the tabular form, I deleted the original one and copied from the newly created page.  It now works.  Very frustrating as I believe you should not have to delete and recreate stuff!!

I think I am done!!!

Thanks so much for all your help in getting me this far!

Becky

• 27. Re: Dynamic Action jQuery Selector Problem
                                TexasApexDeveloper

Becky,

Understood.. I too work for gov't.. Current version of browsers they support:

Firefox: Version 17..

IE       : Version 8

(Thankfully my group only supports APEX apps on Firefox..)

Thank you,

Tony Miller
                                LuvMuffin Software
                                Ruckersville, VA

1 2 Previous Next