3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2014 9:44 AM by Chuggans-Oracle

Source system not getting initialized in FDMEE

Hi,

I have configured FDMEE with HFM. But when i am initializing  source from FDMEE. I am getting below error.

Error
      Wednesday, February 26, 2014 12:30:15 PM GMT+04:00
      Wednesday, February 26, 2014 12:30:15 PM GMT+04:00
      ODI-1217: Session COMM_SETUP_SOURCE_SYSTEM (65501) fails with return code 7000. ODI-1280: The Target Logical Schema AIF_TGT and Context GLOBAL of the task Update Process are not mapped to any Physical Schema. Caused By: com.sunopsis.core.SnpsInexistantSchemaException: ODI-17523: There is no connection for this logical schema / context pair: AIF_TGT / GLOBAL. at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpConnect.getSnpConnectByLSchemaNameAndContext(SnpConnect.java:239) at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpConnect.getSnpConnect(SnpConnect.java:193) at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTask.getDefaultConnection(SnpSessTask.java:415) at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.getTargetDataServer(SnpSessStep.java:1409) at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.createTaskLogs(SnpSessStep.java:701) at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.treatSessStep(SnpSessStep.java:465) at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSession.treatSession(SnpSession.java:2128)

i see that there is no physical schema assigned for  AIF_TGT. But when i created new data server and physical schema even then i was not able to initialize source.

Initially i was able to initialize it. it stopped working in between.

please suggest.

Thanks

Sandeep

• 1. Re: Source system not getting initialized in FDMEE
          JeffJon

After you created the Physical connection for the FDMEE Database and then mapped it to the AIF_TGT in the GLOBAL context code, what was the error?

• 2. Re: Source system not getting initialized in FDMEE

Yes, you need to setup ODI connection correctly, seems you have not configured Logical schema in ODI (Generic SQL->AIF_TGT), also make sure you are using right context and ODI agent should be running.

• 3. Re: Source system not getting initialized in FDMEE
              Chuggans-Oracle

The AIF_TGT and AIF_TGT_ORACLE should both have been automagically configured and linked to the Global context. When you say that you created a new data server though which technology did you use? Looking at my automagically configured system:

AIF_TGT should be Generic SQL (as 900736 said)

AIF_TGT_ORACLE should be Oracle

If there were no links between AIF_TGT and a physical schema though then it sounds like someone has inadvertently unlinked the AIF_TGT logical schema under the Global context (unless you're setting up a new context). This is quite easy to do in the J2E ODI console to be honest (as I saw a few weeks back with a colleague). When you edit a logical schema in the ODI console (e.g. you right click on AIF_TGT > edit) it appears in the user interface /*without*/ any links to a physical schema even if it's already been automagically linked. If the logical schema is then saved without linking it's bye bye link to the link to the physical schema and hello to the error that you've been seeing.

Regards

Craig